Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI of 1, but still sleepy, napping, dry mouth
RE: AHI of 1, but still sleepy, napping, dry mouth
Hi John.

Short answer..

7 min.  8 max

modified this after seeing on my PC, phone was not seeing the OA events, which seemed to happen closer to 8 cm.

I am wondering John, did you get prescribed possibly 8 cm, but they set you up with EPR 3 which would drop to 5 cm pressure during exhale?
If that is the case, i would adjust as follows....

8cm pressure, no EPR and see how that goes.

The obstructive apnea events are still happening certainly nothing serious in my experience.

Keep an eye on your time in apnea and how you're feeling rested or not.

The CA events may go up as you are raising some of your pressures which is why I was originally suggesting and anticipating that and dropping just a bit on the max pressure.

Seems like you have a pretty stable sleep but just know that it's not likely that it can stay that way all the time they're always seems to be bumps in the road at least in my experience.

Hopefully you can stay away from the coffee later on in the day as that could even affect you for sleep but everybody's different with that.

Let me know what you think?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI of 1, but still sleepy, napping, dry mouth
Also John, meant  to say, great about your dry mouth changing !

Breathing thru the nose will keep moisture in your nose  and mouth etc.

And you have more chance of staying in a rest and digest state whcih will stimulate your whole body thru the vagal nerves.

This keeps your mouth moist, better oral hygiene too!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scored well but still Sleepy Zip Van Winkle 16 658 7 hours ago
Last Post: Zip Van Winkle
  Best night in a while and still woke up sleepy slatejetpack 0 97 09-13-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: slatejetpack
Question [CPAP] Mouth Farts and Exhale Block KsKisser 2 165 09-12-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What was your experience fighting mouth leaks? PersonInNY 13 398 09-12-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Oscar Data Looks Fine, But Still Very Sleepy dvschwab 3 279 09-07-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Mouth Shut but Still have dry mouth/throat jmr8749 10 2,072 09-01-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: nomosnow
  DRY MOUTH WAKING ME MCS2014 14 2,250 08-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: MCS2014

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.