Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Newbie - Waking All Night With Mask Leaks
RE: CPAP Newbie - Waking All Night With Mask Leaks
Access denied to your image. Read and try these steps to post an image here.
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...ttachments
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...pnea_Board

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2024, 07:03 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Access denied to your image.  Read and try these steps to post an image here.
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...ttachments
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...pnea_Board

- Red

OK, thank you for posting this reply and link.  I was looking for an attachment prompt in the toolbar above the new message creation area, not down below Smile

Attaching the screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You're currently running default 4-20 pressures. It does seem that in the pressure chart your attempting some level of EPR, however being at Min pressure 4 prevents EPR from doing anything until events force pressure increase.

I would narrow pressures a bit to 7-20, making sure to check EPR 3 Full Time is on too. If there's any Ramp I'd consider turning it off.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2024, 06:48 AM)Embeeous Wrote:  And when I tapped on the screen, almost immediately upon waking up, it was showing pressures between 8-10+, I think, I was tired but it was definitely up from the original 4.  Which is fine, the machine is supposed to up the pressure at the time of an apnea event, right? What struck me was that the machine didn't really reduce the pressure back down. I'm sure that it eventually settled back down to that 4 range, or not, maybe it never goes back down. But now I'm thinking that the increased pressure to avoid an apnea event is waking me up, and the machine not going back down to that lower pressure range is keeping me up longer. 

Your link returns with acess denide message. 
Perhaps it is easier to attach the file directly to your message using the attachment feature at the bottom of the screen. 
By the way, your observations about the pressure during the night are normal, and once we see the chart, we can help mitigate some of your issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just wanted to drop a quick "thanks" for all of the quick and detailed responses. I have a lot of information and advice coming at me from all different directions now, but I continue struggling to sleep each night, so my ability to concentrate, review and implement information, and take some of the steps that you all have outlined for me is a little limited. For now, I continue changing and adjusting masks, I've changed to a CPAP specific pillow, and I'm trying to get into a more normal routine that includes making sure that everything is all set before I lay down for bed. I am seeing some very slight improvement, now I seem to be able to sleep in between the hourly wake ups, and I think that the wake ups are starting to decrease. Can't figure out if the nose versus full face mask is better at this point, but the CPAP pillow seems to help. Monday I have a follow up visit with the original CPAP respiratory therapist who set me up with the machine, I have mixed feelings on whether or not she will be able to help me but it's worth a shot. Then I will review the information that you all have provided and try to implement many of your suggestions. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Waking up around midnight, 2AM and 3AM midnighttwoam 14 649 09-17-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Sad [Treatment] Newbie: can't stay asleep longer than 1 hour with mask on KianaBeth 8 186 09-17-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question [Symptoms] Waking up every 3-4 hours with APAP gabitzu 6 212 09-15-2024, 09:06 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Waking times - what are your thoughts? Blubarb 2 145 09-14-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Treatment] Newbie and oscar data Trasto 5 238 09-14-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Leaks with Brevida pillow mask Ticman1 6 3,740 09-14-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Taking mask off at night mickapoo 3 166 09-12-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: mickapoo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.