Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] CPAP for snoring, Receded Jaw, UARS, Help
CPAP for snoring, Receded Jaw, UARS, Help
Hey there, new user here. Have been straggling with fatigue, tinitus, and constant tiredness for a very long time. Did sleep study which detected bad snoring.
Decided to buy CPAP and went to the doctor who helped to do initial configuration. I'm diagnosed with CPTSD which adds more variables to the equation of figuring out what is wrong with my sleep. I have TMJ, back problems and undeveloped lower jaw. I snore and grind my teeth at night. Have been wearing splint that helps to relax jaw for 2 years.
I have great success success addressing my PTSD with therapists, I have nightmares but very rarely and couldn't say that it affects my sleep very often maybe once a month.

According to my machine report I have AHI of 4.42 and RERA events around 1.4 which brings total RDI over the 5 (AHI + RERA) that can be classified as UARS according to wikipedia.

Can somebody give me the recommendation on settings or share similar experience.

Whish you all full night of sleep! 

---
Machine - Prisma Smart Plus Auto
Mask - Full face mask (mouth, nose)
Settings:
- APAP mode
- Min pressure 6 cmH2O
- Max pressure 10 cmH20

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP for snoring, Receded Jaw, UARS, Help
As we cannot see the bottom of the left-hand table where it shows the specific settings, could you scroll up and post that image? It looks like SoftPAP is on 2, but not sure. We also need to know what APAP mode is being used, standard or dynamic. 

Generally, it looks like you do not have enough pressure. Ideally, try something like:

Mode APAP
APAP dynamic
Min pressure 7
Max pressure 11
SoftPAP 2
No softStart

Give that a try for a few nights and post a new chart. We will likely need to tweak further, particularly SoftPAP and APAP mode, but for now start with that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for feedback, here are my settings I created screenshots from different programs

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that. 

Try bumping up the min/max pressure by 1 and use dynamic mode. Depending on how that goes trying standard would be next. 

We also will want to consider dropping SoftPAP from 2 to 1. It does not work the same as EPR, so a wee bit touchy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that. 

Try bumping up the min/max pressure by 1 and use dynamic mode. Depending on how that goes trying standard would be next. 

We also will want to consider dropping SoftPAP from 2 to 1. It does not work the same as EPR, so a wee bit touchy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I updated settings, will try it tonight!
Post Reply Post Reply
What does "APAP control" do? I mean dynamic vs standart? Can't find information online
Post Reply Post Reply
Standard is a slower increase in pressure in response to apnoea or flow limitations.

Dynamic has a stronger and faster response to apnoea and FL’s. Possibly more effective at treating UARS.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I only increased pressure yesterday.

I slept overnight definitely felt pressure increase and had more leaks. But for some reason my snoring is very bad.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 30 4,485 Yesterday, 01:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Nose congestion and UARS Jstalez 14 697 Yesterday, 07:07 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS Dodies 4 192 09-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dodies
  Bilevel self-titration for UARS ChickenTenders 7 359 08-30-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: ChickenTenders
  OSCAR newbie, just statrted snoring with mask on?? CanadianRob 5 232 08-29-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] OSCAR Interpretation - UARS? ilikecars 12 598 08-27-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  I think I have UARS, what should I do? ManWithOranges 6 261 08-17-2024, 02:53 PM
Last Post: ManWithOranges

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.