Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS
Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS
Hi, I read in another thread from some time back that what I am seeing in my flow rate graph is indicative of UARS, can anyone confirm? And if so, is there anything I can do about it? I feel that my nostrils collapse when I sleep to some extent and as a natural nose breather have found that nose pillows really improve my sleep, but I still have this pattern.

And the other question is a bit weird, but I will ask anyway. I have found since starting CPAP that my, ahem, "old fella" seems to be behaving a lot more like it used to, dramatically so. Is there a reason for this? Anyone understand what's happening there? Maybe my testosterone levels have increased?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS
What I see in the snippet posted is a flow limited inspiration. I would have to see far more data to consider UARS as a potential problem.

As far as “little Dodies” newfound energy goes, I have no idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dodies, we can't tell much from a 1 minute 42 second zoom of a waveform chart Smile Please post a full screenshot (f12 in daily tab).
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah sorry guys, I thought that you needed to see the shape as I read that the "rounded top" to each breath is indicative UARS, is it not? 

How much data is needed? 

I will post 3 more - but let me know how much is needed.

Post Reply Post Reply
One more from last night.

Yes, aware of the leaking, it normally has not been a problem since very recently, I think I have a leak from my mouth, its like air is being pushed out of my mouth rather than actually exhaling.. Ive woken up from it before, its a weird sensation, but doesn't happen too often.

Also, all those CA's present in the first 30 minutes, I was 100% awake for those, I really don't understand why that happens. My SPo2 levels drop a lot when I'm laying in bed to fall asleep, i have the oximiter on and its alarm is constantly going off informing that O2 levels have dipped below 90%. Wish I knew why that happens. But over the entire night I got an average of 94%.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leak Rate Questions in OCAR MrPsyduck 5 249 09-10-2024, 05:25 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Potential UARS BiPAP Advice gce799 6 556 09-09-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: gce799
  Flat-topped flow rate slatejetpack 8 299 09-09-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: slatejetpack
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 30 4,650 09-08-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Leak rate question weepingwillow 32 1,262 09-08-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: weepingwillow
  Nose congestion and UARS Jstalez 14 778 09-08-2024, 07:07 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Erratic flow rate preceding OA weepingwillow 3 201 09-06-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.