Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Treatment Emergent Central Apnea
RE: Treatment Emergent Central Apnea
Do you use any type of hose support? This may manage better for you when you move, and keep the weight off the mask.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hose support helped me a lot, i move back and forth side to side a lot.
Using the under nose dreamware nasal mask and the back of head hose fitting. usually have almost no leaks, except for some mouth breathing.

Caldera Releaf neck collar as well, as suggested on this forum.

Check out the WIKI information on this site for how to control mask leaks as well as any other info. you might want quickly.

and you need to get the OA, obstructive apnea under control, Szabo's settings should help with that i suspect.
You have an awesome CPAP machine, has a lot of settings in there, something should work, others here have lots of knowledge on that, such as sensitivity settings...
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SeePak I think that's what I'll discuss with the doctor a change to the Dreamweaver for that very reason.

As for the caldera it's not working well for me, I tried both sizes they offer.

Much appreciated
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Mike.

The caldera, for me, is also not perfect.
I have a long neck, and the longest one they sell is still way too short.
I have been using it and i am pretty sure the positionals are now gone.

I am however going to try to sew an extension on the bottom so that i touches my collar when i wear it.
I have tried without it and usually i am still ok with no positionals, but it still seems to come up here and there.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Seeking optimal treatment please help Xboxrrod 0 98 09-15-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Xboxrrod
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 879 66,632 09-15-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: snorybob
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 50 1,957 09-13-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
  Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas. Preparedinho 39 1,858 09-10-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 26 4,581 09-09-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Dumdi
  UARS Treatment [Using Philips ASV] SenatorBirch 30 4,678 09-08-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Help with treatment, questions, approach, understanding UsuallyTired 28 1,278 09-07-2024, 08:46 AM
Last Post: SeePak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.