Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do people use EPR? and suggestions for use
Question 
Do people use EPR? and suggestions for use
I have never had a CPAP that had EPR, but now I do. Not really having an issue exhaling through the mask, but wonder if it is something to explore. 

Anyone have much experience using EPR vs. not?
What saeems to be the consensus about the level it should or shouldn't be set to?

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do people use EPR? and suggestions for use
If you can use it, I would suggest you do. It makes the AutoSet the same as a higher priced bilevel, albeit with a limited to 3 cmH2O PS.

Follow this for minimums to allow EPR the ability to work immediately:

Min pressure 5 EPR 1
Min pressure 6 EPR 2
Min pressure 7 EPR 3

You might be surprised and have even better therapy by adding EPR.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Install an SD card, download and install OSCAR, format and post some charts. The links in my signature explain how to do so.

Once we have data folks can make recommendations.
Post Reply Post Reply
Only have 4 days worth of data so far and from my reading it isn't terrible. After I have more data I will be able to see trends. Four days is statistically insignificant.

Already have Oscar installed and read through the Wiki. I think I have a handle on what it does. When I have a better handle on the new CPAP I will post to see what can be improved.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2024, 01:20 PM)WallyPepper Wrote: Only have 4 days worth of data so far and from my reading it isn't terrible. After I have more data I will be able to see trends. Four days is statistically insignificant.

Already have Oscar installed and read through the Wiki. I think I have a handle on what it does. When I have a better handle on the new CPAP I will post to see what can be improved.

Nice, what did you set your pressures to?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can post right now. We don't need to see a lot of nights. That will help us determine whether EPR will help you. It does help most of us. Also, it's not just a comfort thing, it helps control flow limits.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Which charts are you specially looking for? I am assuming that there is a lot of extraneous information, not applicable to the use of EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
We need to see the following items, in the order listed: Event Flags, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate, and Flow Limits. We need to see to the very bottom of the Flow Limits.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
WallyPepper,

Use this link to guide you in the Organization of a chart.  For starters, we like to view the following graphs:  Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitation and Leak Rate.  Always include the "entire" left side bar.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

You can upload 3 charts for review if you like.  Use the Attachment Feature to post here.  

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...pnea_Board

Believe it or not... folk here can glean a lot of information just by viewing a flow rate graph.  When it comes to using EPR, it's not just a comfort feature.  The decision to use or not use EPR depends on many variables.  It's certainly not a one size fits all.

In some individuals, EPR can contribute to and worsen Clear Airway events.  On the other end, EPR is known to lessen a high flow limitation rate, which is known to cause pressure swings and be disruptive to sleep.
The use of EPR can also help lessen events like Hypopneas and Reras.

Hope that answers some of your questions about using EPR. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, here is the Sunday chart. Please bear in mind that I have been using a non-recording CPAP since April 2001. So I think there is likely a lot of room for improvement. I have a routine, only drag my SD card to my computer on Monday mornings, That is why Sunday was the last day charted.

I am just now thinking about fussing with settings. Wanted to get a few days in before changing stuff.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Therapy Suggestions Keesh23 11 530 09-12-2024, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Keesh23
  Airsense 10 replacement: suggestions? newmar 7 367 09-11-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Suggestions? TinySteve 11 502 09-02-2024, 08:50 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New User - Looking For Suggestions VeryTired 13 493 09-01-2024, 03:50 PM
Last Post: VeryTired
  [Pressure] suggestions for settings Ksquared716 1 175 08-27-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still tired, any suggestions to optimize therapy? EnigmaOfSleep 4 307 08-14-2024, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Treatment suggestions for mild sleep apnea clegge242 3 261 07-30-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.