Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] A few weeks in, how can I fine tune my settings?
A few weeks in, how can I fine tune my settings?
I’m two weeks in and these are the last three nights. I’m still not great at deciphering these graphs, but it seems like the pressure always seems to go up to 9 before climbing. Does that mean I should increase it to 9? I’d appreciate all recommendations. 

Current settings:

Pressure min 8, max 12
EPR full time level 2

I have changed to a nasal mask. I do still wake up once or twice in the middle of the night but it’s an improvement from before the machine where I’d wake up 3+ times to pee.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: A few weeks in, how can I fine tune my settings?
What is your goal of fine-tuning? How is your sleep quality? Anything specific you think needs addressing? 

We can always fine-tune things, but we can also get stuck in an endless loop of tweaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2023, 09:12 AM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: What is your goal of fine-tuning? How is your sleep quality? Anything specific you think needs addressing? 

We can always fine-tune things, but we can also get stuck in an endless loop of tweaks.

I’m wondering if adjusting the settings maybe a little more would make me wake up less? I’d love to go a whole night without waking up once. Also just in general if there’s an area in the graph that shows that I can make an improvement I’d like to do it only because I have a tool that shows me what could be better. 

I’m really early with my cpap journey. Less than a month in. I still wake up with a headache occasionally but I have noticed my energy levels improved dramatically. I guess I’m just wanting to be as rested as possible since this feeling of alertness is like a drug and I want it to be as potent as possible lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Only a month into therapy? You are a wee bairn compared to many here. You are actually doing quite grand for this stage of your therapy. Well done.

I would not touch anything at the moment, but if you do want to tweak things a bit consider trying a fixed pressure of 10 or 11 with EPR 2 or 3 full-time with no ramp. Assuming it is the pressure swings that are causing the awakenings, a fixed pressure may help. You could also try a pressure range of 9-14, 10-14, or 11-14, with EPR 2 or 3.

The pressure swings are from the flow limitations, so a bit more bottom pressure and EPR should help with that, but it may come at the expense of CA’s. Fixed pressure will not respond to flow limitations, so you have to manage things manually with pressure or EPR.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with PL&P.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.

OSCAR - The Guide
Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
Positional Apnea

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2023, 09:47 AM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: Only a month into therapy? You are a wee bairn compared to many here. You are actually doing quite grand for this stage of your therapy. Well done.

I would not touch anything at the moment, but if you do want to tweak things a bit consider trying a fixed pressure of 10 or 11 with EPR 2 or 3 full-time with no ramp. Assuming it is the pressure swings that are causing the awakenings, a fixed pressure may help. You could also try a pressure range of 9-14, 10-14, or 11-14, with EPR 2 or 3.

The pressure swings are from the flow limitations, so a bit more bottom pressure and EPR should help with that, but it may come at the expense of CA’s. Fixed pressure will not respond to flow limitations, so you have to manage things manually with pressure or EPR.

Thank you so much! I appreciate the assistance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fine tuning CPAP newman08 10 524 10-13-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Three weeks in - Some questions SleepyDwarf123 6 1,016 09-29-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: SDM1
Question Silicone of new FF mask is hard for 2 weeks zeee1980 2 189 09-20-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Need some help reading and fine tuning therapy Blubarb 13 676 09-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: SeePak
  Oscar Data Looks Fine, But Still Very Sleepy dvschwab 3 393 09-07-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  [CPAP] Best results in the first two weeks but not as much now ninjax99 4 370 08-25-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Treatment] A year in trying to fine tune mdd100 4 314 07-18-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: mdd100

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.