Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EPR/Pressure Settings
EPR/Pressure Settings
Howdy folks,

Just wanting some help with my EPR and Pressure settings. I recently switched from 10-14 pressure to 6-10 pressure because it seemed to high. 

Have been doing the new pressure for about 3 days, still waking up a lot and not sure if it's do to settings or not. 
My EPR has been 3 the entire time I have used the cpap. 

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EPR/Pressure Settings
For comparison here is 8-12 pressure

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The min 8 looked better.  I would move it up to 8.5 and try to compare how you feel.  Your numbers are good but as you know it is how you feel that is the most important.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I’ll try that! 

Do you also happen to have any suggestions for Max pressure, EPR or standard vs soft response setting?  

Still trying to learn what is best in terms of reading the oscar data. I’ve read through the oscar basics but I still don’t fully understand ?
Post Reply Post Reply
The max pressure is set only if you have a chance at run away pressures.  Some times we get people who have flow limits that drive up the machine to its max setting and is not doing any good.  With those we take down the max but limit it to how much the person needs to stop O and H events.

I suggest EPR 3 full time with everyone.  It helps with the pressure to breath out and helps with flow limits.  Then we look to see if the centrals are higher by much and if they are to move the EPR down to help with therapy emergent centrals.

Standard pressure is better if you can do it without sleep disturbance. The soft setting just make the pressure go up a little slower.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
You didn't include your flow limitation graph, but from the left-hand panel, I would infer you saw a reduction in FLs with the minimum of 8. This may partly have been because with a minimum of 6, you don't get the full benefit of the EPR of 3 until you pressure reaches 7. (EPR drops your pressure when you exhale, and the lowest the machine can go is a pressure of 4.)

Your numbers are so good, though, that the subjective data are more important than the numbers, as staceyburke notes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh ok I can post my flow limitations later.

I find that having higher maximum does interfere with my treatment and sleep. So trying to get any guidance on maximum as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
The pressure goes up because of flow limits, the EPR will help with that.  The highest you got was about 10 so you don't need to set a max but if you want set it at 11.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] New to ASV and Wanting to Understand Pressure Settings Better kbeards 6 427 10-04-2024, 02:46 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Pressure settings on APAP - Morning Headaches Jhlopez 0 177 09-24-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Jhlopez
  What generally are the first pressure settings for a new CPAP user ? Tenley 5 504 09-07-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Finding PAST pressure settings damondamondamon 2 216 08-22-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Z2 pressure vs Airsense11 pressure jwalker5 2 244 08-17-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: jwalker5
  UARs, Aerophagia, and Bilevel Pressure Settings ATeam91 9 645 08-09-2024, 10:54 AM
Last Post: ATeam91
  [Pressure] Help with pressure settings please (OSCAR data included) jc12312 2 245 07-26-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jc12312

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.