Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Newbie: Trying to dial in pressure settings
Newbie: Trying to dial in pressure settings
This was my second night of therapy and first night of capturing data for OSCAR. It is nice to see the AHI's decrease I tested at 36.5AHI but now only 3.11! But I would like to dial in a little more to get the best rest I can. 

Looking into the OSCAR report it seems that first I need to address large leaks. I was having issues with keeping my mouth closed using my N30i (going to try tape tonight). But it looks like I have my pressure set a little too low? I started at 4 the first night, then increased to 6 for last night. But it looks like min pressure should be somewhere around 8? (It seems like I might even need to increase my max.)

Would it be a good idea to turn off RAMP? I don't think I need it and am adjusting well to the higher pressure. 

Would love to hear any and all thoughts. Looking forward to the journey.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie: Trying to dial in pressure settings
I would not use ramp.  And I would change min to 8.   I think that will make for a better night.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Waking Up - Newbie Help lowlyradar 5 314 28 minutes ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Diagnosis] Surprised newbie with CSA/OSA -- Any words of wisdom? CLCCW 6 132 10-25-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Oscar Interpretation Help for a Newbie happyhappyjoyjoy 1 110 10-24-2024, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  EPR/Pressure Settings SleeplessInSF88 7 240 10-21-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Paying for supplies - newbie BlueSky1958 6 340 10-17-2024, 03:32 PM
Last Post: TiredOne789
  [CPAP] Trying to make sense of my OSCAR data (newbie) aardvarkpineapple 1 192 10-15-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Pressure] New to ASV and Wanting to Understand Pressure Settings Better kbeards 6 436 10-04-2024, 02:46 AM
Last Post: Macka

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.