Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ear issues
Ear issues
A year after I started sleep apnea treatment I had the worst earache I have ever had, and I had many as a child and several throughout my adult life.  My eardrum burst and drained for almost 2 weeks with some blood for several days after the burst eardrum.  I went to my family doctor and two ENT groups.  Both ENT docs inserted tubes as I felt constant pressure around both ears.  The earache was April of 2023 and I am still dealing with ear issues.  So, I started doing some research and found several articles stating cpap machines can cause middle ear pressure increases.  Also how important it is to keep your equipment cleaned, at least once a week.  I was negligent on that.  Also, importance of keeping dust under control.  I have a my bedroom in the basement and was not doing a very good job at keeping it clean.  I am changing that.  I also plan to build an air filter like in the link below.  Also thinking of an air purifier sized to my bedroom.  I have had some allergy testing via blood samples and there were no flags.  Another issue I am dealing with, at night my nostril passages swell and breathing is very difficult with my mask.  I use a hyper-tonic nasal wash before bedtime, which helps a lot, but can be awakened 3 hours or so later with a stuffy nose.  If badly stuffed I resort to Neo Synephrine, one puff.  As you well know, that stuff can cause problems with what they call rebounding.  I don't think that is my problem because usually an hour after I get up and all through the day my nose is completely open and breathing is fine.

I share this in case there are others out there with similar problems.  Also, I invite ones who have had similar issues to reply with things that worked for them.

https://youtu.be/aw7fUMhNov8?feature=shared
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Issues with auto bipap and aero haha Xboxrrod 13 356 6 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Full Face Mask Issues vs Nasal Pillows Issues FozzyDaBear 8 340 09-17-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: FozzyDaBear
  F40 Mask Issues Jimnyc2000 2 253 09-15-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: car54
  Lowenstein issues m162 4 271 09-15-2024, 01:45 PM
Last Post: m162
  Need Advice -- Having A Lot of Issues npolite 3 232 09-13-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: npolite
  [Treatment] Persistent Hypopnea and Unclassified Apnea Issues with BiPap Settings behtaaash 7 378 09-09-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Assistance with wife's CPAP issues Hammer641 6 249 09-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.