Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Issues with auto bipap and aero haha
Issues with auto bipap and aero haha
I’m having a hard time discerning the data and I feel like there are better interpretations than mine I’ve been using. Auto Bi-level setting and issues with waking up with tight feeling/pain in stomache, excessive gas and burping, bought a wedge pillow. One night these settings were good except the flow limit  and .50 hypnonea result. Could someone point me in the right direction please
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Issues with auto bipap and aero haha
I used the same settings last night from the 18th and ive gotten 0.3 flow limitation 0 OA and 0.50 Hyponeas on that particular night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Xboxrrod, it sounds like you're having aerophagia problems so we have an issue then, as you likely need to raise your epap pressure here, but also please don't use the wedge pillow, this is causing some of the snoring spikes is my guess. Also I can't see if you have biflex enabled, if you haven't turn it on and set it to 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
Should I set it back to fixed bipap like 18th/21st or auto? And yea bi flex is 3 I’ll set it to 2
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2024, 10:28 PM)Xboxrrod Wrote: Should I set it back to fixed bipap like 18th/21st or auto? And yea bi flex is 3 I’ll set it to 2

I would set it to fixed bipap as you won't have epap ramping up too high and cause the aerophagia, it should help with that.  I'll have to check those charts again though.  If biflex is on at 3 please leave it.  I figured it was off. Also you can turn off the VS and VS2 flags as they are just cluttering up the chart Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright, heres the results from last night, I woke up with no aerophagia (thank god) and on my side when usually ill switch to my back

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Xboxrrod-that's much better Smile I'd like to raise your epap pressure a little bit (to fix the snoring), but with how you're having aerophagia problems for now let's leave it as is for a week or so and let you adjust to it, you're on the right path I think now-and please keep trying to sleep on your sides-I use a big body pillow to keep me from rolling over on my back.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2024, 10:07 AM)Phaleronic Wrote: Hi Xboxrrod-that's much better Smile  I'd like to raise your epap pressure a little bit (to fix the snoring), but with how you're having aerophagia problems for now let's leave it as is for a week or so and let you adjust to it, you're on the right path I think now-and please keep trying to sleep on your sides-I use a big body pillow to keep me from rolling over on my back.

Heres my last two nights results, I dont know what happened with the large leak jump last night but definitely felt tired last two days, not sure what to do now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Xboxrrod, we have to get the leaks fixed first of all, you're jumping up over the 25lpm threshold and it's staying up very close to max leak rate. How is your sleeping position and have you changed it at all the last two nights?
Post Reply Post Reply
I try to sleep on my side when I drift off, and then sometimes my mask velcroe will come undone and Honestly, I’m almost about to just give up and wait till I get a doctors appointment because I’ve been losing sleep this whole week over this stupid machine, I don’t know what to do anymore
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ear issues chzuck 0 54 Yesterday, 02:32 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  Full Face Mask Issues vs Nasal Pillows Issues FozzyDaBear 8 341 09-17-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: FozzyDaBear
  F40 Mask Issues Jimnyc2000 2 253 09-15-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: car54
  Lowenstein issues m162 4 271 09-15-2024, 01:45 PM
Last Post: m162
  Need Advice -- Having A Lot of Issues npolite 3 232 09-13-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: npolite
  [Treatment] Persistent Hypopnea and Unclassified Apnea Issues with BiPap Settings behtaaash 7 378 09-09-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Assistance with wife's CPAP issues Hammer641 6 249 09-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.