Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F40 Mask Issues
F40 Mask Issues

Hoping for some help on why when i use nasal or pillow masks I have no issues. When i use f40 i can fall asleep fine but wake up a few hours later with the pressure blasting away. Happened again last night and i took it off and put back on my pillow mask.I sleep on my back and on my side. Usually do not breathe through mouth. My AHI on the nasal and pillow masks are usually very low. Had same issues with Amara view a while back.
Appreciate any suggestions

Thank You
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F40 Mask Issues
A bit of a chicken and egg problem. Do the leaks come before the pressure rise or does the pressure rise cause the leaks? If it is the former, then the rapid pressure change is from the leaks as the machine tries to keep pressure at the mask constant. If it is the latter, then something is causing the pressure to rise which in turn causes the leaks.

One thing that may help is to tweak your settings a bit. Based on the single OSCAR chart I suggest trying the following:

Mode APAP
Min pressure 6
Max pressure 12
Flex level 2
Flex mode C-Flex

A bit more min pressure should help smooth things out. You don’t need to keep the max at 20 as you will likely never come close. Both flex modes try to predict when inspiration and expiration will end for A-flex or just when inspiration ends for C-flex, then adjust pressures accordingly. Use whichever you prefer, but I’ve seen more success with C-flex vs A-flex.

Good job formatting the charts! Please read the link in my sig for “Format OSCAR charts”. It explains what folks like to see and if they want to see something else they will ask. It is fine to add things like mask volume, tidal volume, and respiration rate as you are good at formatting. Beyond that, as long as it fits on the page feel free to add it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F40 Mask Issues
It may be the mask. I used the F40 for a short time and I was never able to control the leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Issues vs Nasal Pillows Issues FozzyDaBear 8 193 Yesterday, 03:58 PM
Last Post: FozzyDaBear
  Lowenstein issues m162 4 159 09-15-2024, 01:45 PM
Last Post: m162
  Need Advice -- Having A Lot of Issues npolite 3 149 09-13-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: npolite
  [Treatment] Persistent Hypopnea and Unclassified Apnea Issues with BiPap Settings behtaaash 7 319 09-09-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 448 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Assistance with wife's CPAP issues Hammer641 6 209 09-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  AitFit F20 With Dreamstation - AAV Issues kymmitsu 9 3,295 08-28-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.