Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to ASVauto
New to ASVauto
    Hey all,

I just completed my 2nd night with a new Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV, my numbers look really good but my sleep keeps being interrupted by what I assume high pressure. How does one limit the high-end limit of the pressures on this machine? or should I not be limiting either way on this since it's an Auto machine?

Thanks Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to ASVauto
It's possible to edit settings where they won't negatively impact the ASV therapy. First we'll want some other OSCAR charts to help guide.

Events
Flow Rate
Pressure or Mask Pressure
Leaks

Certainly skip flow limits, as the ASV algorithm actually gives FL artifacts in this section. Most will have some activity on FL on ASV and you can't tune it out without hindering CA therapy.

Be sure to state some settings you've tried.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the Oscar report you asked for, the only change I have made was to raise the EPAP min from 4.0 to 7.0.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OK got it, thanks.

Here's a combo I'd try.

Edit EPAP Max down 1 to 11, gives EPAP 7-11.

PS: I'd consider edits to both Min and Max. I felt better with using ASV if there's some differential always, as in some PS. Try PS 3-10. This makes your overall just 1 less on IPAP Max, but PS should fire then drop.

Try it even a few minutes, see if this changes it enough.

We can edit again if needed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, Thanks.

I'll give it a try!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2024, 11:54 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: OK got it, thanks.

Here's a combo I'd try.

Edit EPAP Max down 1 to 11, gives EPAP 7-11.

PS: I'd consider edits to both Min and Max. I felt better with using ASV if there's some differential always, as in some PS. Try PS 3-10. This makes your overall just 1 less on IPAP Max, but PS should fire then drop.

Try it even a few minutes, see if this changes it enough.

We can edit again if needed.

So, I slept better (Longer Durations & kept mask on) but UA's & Hypopnea's took over. Thoughts???

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Try setting PS Min to 2.0. Having some pressure support on every breath makes it feel less abrupt when the machine kicks in more PS to manage breath volume or rate. Your current setting are PS min 0.0, PS max 10.0. Make that PS min 2.0, PS max 10.0
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Respiratory depression from ASVauto? Dutchie 5 872 08-05-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Dutchie
  Low AHI with Aircurve 10 ASVAuto Still tired/headache/waking up at night Jarlo 19 2,793 06-26-2023, 09:49 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  HELP needed titrating ASVauto (UARS) Dutchie 8 1,162 12-10-2022, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ASV Mode vs ASVAuto Mode - What's the Difference? RayBee 26 8,830 08-21-2021, 08:16 PM
Last Post: S. Manz
  Difference between ASV and ASVAuto Karlin 2 1,576 10-20-2020, 08:40 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] ASVAuto and aerophagia Vilippo 4 1,461 08-21-2019, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Vilippo
  ASV vs ASVAUTO? Spy Car 13 4,447 10-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Spy Car

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.