Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] anthonydf - Therapy Thread
RE: Breathing Pattern ?
(11-09-2023, 02:03 PM)anthonydf Wrote: Attached is data from a nap I just took. All those little spikes in my breathing was from me changing position and normally my nights look similar too this.  I noticed the leak rate would go up a bit before I would wind up waking (slightly) n changing position ending in disturbing my sleep. Am wondering if that has anything to do with mouth breathing? Using APAP I mouth tape because air starts leaking out of mouth later throughout night (entering REM? not sure) if I don't.

Your muscles are relaxing in REM and your mouth is either ballooning from the pressure or escaping from the sides of your mouth. I'd target a 95% leak rate as low as you can get it before making any other adjustments. Each of the leaky periods. especially the sharp spikes are likely causing arousals and fragmenting your sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Suggestive of Epiglottis Collapse?
Seems like no matter what pressure I use I'm still waking and having disruptive sleep. I've attached 2 different nights of me using lower pressure and one with higher pressure and both were bad nights of sleep. I've tried everything from mouth taping to using c-collar or chinstrap and results end up the same. Wondering if it could be failed epiglottis since lots of people have reported CPAP makes their epiglottis collapse worse. Any help to understand would be appreciated I can also send 5min windows if that would help too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: anthonydf - Therapy Thread
You have a lot of CA events, they could be Treatment Emergent Central Sleep Apneas (TECSA), as PL&P said in an earlier post.

Mine took from April to early December to get down to a couple every second or third day. Not all people take as long to adjust to therapy and get rid of TECSA.

Post a current OSCAR Report so we know how you are doing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ZDav's Therapy Thread ZDav 7 199 Yesterday, 10:55 AM
Last Post: donsburg
  Sorfosh - Therapy Thread Sorfosh 13 1,220 Yesterday, 02:38 AM
Last Post: Sorfosh
Idea [Treatment] Chuu's Therapy Thread Chuuclysm 16 576 08-01-2024, 04:20 AM
Last Post: Chuuclysm
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 112 3,928 07-31-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Weld3z - Therapy Thread Weld3z 24 566 07-29-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Weld3z
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 49 2,646 07-27-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Sorry to start new thread but need nap Morgannon 152 8,339 07-26-2024, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.