Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow
RE: should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow
RE,
Please add to this thread if you discover what is going on.
I don't see a clear correlation between the time that my SPO2 is low and when I woke up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2024, 12:53 PM)RichardW Wrote: I don't see a clear correlation between the time that my SPO2 is low and when I woke up.

Does your oximeter not vibrate to wake you when the oxygen drops to a certain level, like mine does?
Post Reply Post Reply
My Garmin Vivoactive 5 watch which records sleep stagers AND SP02 does not vibrate when SPO2 is low.
Post Reply Post Reply
BigWing,
I am very interested in any conclusions you arrive at. It sounds like you are seeing a problem similar to mine.
My AHi has recently been very low. Less than 1.
But, I wake up very tired. Also my legs do not function well for a few hours after waking up.
Are you seeing similar symptoms?
Post Reply Post Reply
I spoke with my doctor at annual checkup and showed him the overnight spo2 graph overlaying the sleep stages.
He said it was not a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you were a family member of mine, I'd push a little for you to get a second opinion, especially if the results you've been seeing are what you see most nights. I'm surprised that your doctor didn't at least issue an oximeter to you to use for several nights to get an "official" reading.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave says doc isn't concerned about those numbers because they aren't docs numbers. I'll cast a second opinion vote.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2024, 11:47 AM)RichardW Wrote: But Garmin still says SPO2 is low. Minimum is about 88% around 7 AM.

I'm confused - the overnight oxygen graph accompanying your post showed a low of 84%.

Quote:But, I wake up very tired. Also my legs do not function well for a few hours after waking up.

Are you seeing similar symptoms?

No, I'm not.

Quote:I spoke with my doctor at annual checkup and showed him the overnight spo2 graph overlaying the sleep stages.

He said it was not a problem.

I'm amazed at that!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad OSCAR SPO2 Import Issue from Vihealth(Checkme O2) MikeVet 2 162 09-26-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Health] Worried about spO2 drops during the day and night... ZeroShun 2 169 09-26-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: ZeroShun
  What generally are the first pressure settings for a new CPAP user ? Tenley 5 476 09-07-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Relation Spo2, apneas, and Leaks don't make sense insomeapnea 6 299 08-26-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Video [Pressure] Changing pressure on cpap fudo 3 216 08-25-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: fudo
  Help adjusting CPAP--High Pressure Waking Me pharmdfl 3 321 08-25-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Z2 pressure vs Airsense11 pressure jwalker5 2 211 08-17-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: jwalker5

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.