Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] Worried about spO2 drops during the day and night...
Worried about spO2 drops during the day and night...
Hi there,

I was given a Checkme O2 max for a home sleep apnea study, and I have attached the result from two nights ago. I was wondering how concerning these results are, searching online unfortunately made me anxious with advice for example saying that SPO2 levels under 88 require "immediate medical attention". I was also concerned about the amount of time slept with sub 95% oxygen. I decided to monitor during the day to compare results also, and was surprised to see my O2 levels dip during the day also (yesterday it dipped to about 81% for several minutes, also attached). My breathing was then more laboured but I'm not sure how much of this was just down to anxiety. Additonally, when I use my fingertip pulse oximeter, the results are often much higher than the checkme O2, so which one is more reliable?

Lastly, does anyone else turn off the vibrations on these things? I wasn't able to sleep well last night with all the vibrations, but after taking it off I slept fine. Apologies for the wall of text but I'd appreciate others' input  Smile

Thankss

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Worried about spO2 drops during the day and night...
An occasional drop is to be expected. You have more than we like to see, so the best thing is to talk to your GP about it.

When you have the results of the sleep study please post them after redacting your and the doctor's personal data. We can help find settings that work from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Worried about spO2 drops during the day and night...
Thanks for your response, I have an appointment with my GP booked for next week Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad OSCAR SPO2 Import Issue from Vihealth(Checkme O2) MikeVet 2 59 Yesterday, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  ASV with Oxygen Drops, leaks and aerophagia redking2436 7 336 09-20-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Relation Spo2, apneas, and Leaks don't make sense insomeapnea 6 280 08-26-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Worried newbie here ! tostaky 10 531 08-25-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Low & Fluctuating spO2 r4robin 10 445 08-11-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: r4robin
  SpO2 Drops Not Correlated with Apneas SunMesa 24 1,030 08-08-2024, 02:47 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  SPO2 as key OSA Bogeyman/Demon richapple 2 255 08-05-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.