Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Consistent high leak rate
Consistent high leak rate
Good Morning, 

When you reviewing my Oscar results I'm noticing my 95% leak rate is between 25% - 35%. I'm sure that is high. I wear a nasal mask and tap my mouth. What I'm wondering is a leak rate determined by the leakage of the mask or does it also include air leaking from my mouth? 

I'm thinking of retrying a full face mask. I didn't have much like trying to use it previously.

Thanks for an insight you can provide.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Consistent high leak rate
The air flow sensor is back at the CPAP, and is unable to determine where the leak is occurring. Depending on the brand of your CPAP (you need to update your profile), some will determine the designed mask leak rate and report any leak over this threshold. Others will report both the total leak and the leak above the threshold.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
Project Manager for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2023, 09:34 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The air flow sensor is back at the CPAP, and is unable to determine where the leak is occurring.  Depending on the brand of your CPAP (you need to update your profile), some will determine the designed mask leak rate and report any leak over this threshold.  Others will report both the total leak and the leak above the threshold.

- Red

Thanks Red, It is a Phillips Dreamstation
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2023, 09:02 AM)Danoo65 Wrote: I'm thinking of retrying a full face mask. I didn't have much like trying to use it previously.

You're better adapted to CPAP therapy so you may be able to tolerate a full face mask. If it stops the leaks it should improve your sleep quality.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Central Apneas? Flow Rate /Respitory Rate Mismatches! edenmaker 3 72 2 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Leak Rate maybe Skewing AHI ? StratCat48 5 185 10-20-2024, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Diagnosis] Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ? gregbe2000 38 1,439 10-17-2024, 08:06 PM
Last Post: gregbe2000
  New to CPAP, High CA OSCAR review needed ArmedStag 5 301 10-15-2024, 10:55 AM
  Are pulse rate changes significant during sleep? UsuallyTired 6 263 10-12-2024, 05:05 PM
  APAP- High Pressure Waking Me in the middle of the night HanoverTime 6 387 09-30-2024, 11:57 PM
Last Post: AshSF
  Weird Flow Rate Pattern Started 3 days ago Dodies 2 168 09-30-2024, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Dodies

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.