Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Transcend Micro very loud
Transcend Micro very loud
I don't see another thread on this topic so here goes.  I just got a travel CPAP, the Transcend Micro.  It is very loud and my wife really is unhappy.  I don't have much trouble sleeping with it but it definitely is loud with air hissing noise, and a sort of "singing" noise every time I inhale. I am comparing with my usual at-home Airsense 11 which is far quieter.

Another factor is that it seems at times in the middle of the night to ramp up to full pressure and then it roars like the inside of a jetliner (well, almost!) and is very disturbing.  I have to turn it off and then back on to restore normal pressure.

The unit comes with a so-called WhisperSoft muffler, an in-line attachment.  I tried using it and it didn't really do much that I could tell.

Does this sound (no pun intended) like a defective unit?  Can any other Micro owner speak to their experience?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transcend Micro very loud
I'm having the same issue with the "singing" noises.  I can deal with the regular air sounds, but these "singing" noises are driving me crazy.  I almost can't even use the unit.  Have you had any luck in fixing the problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm back at home and using my Air Sense 11 but while I was away I had no luck fixing anything.  I need to get in and tinker with the settings but I don't have a Windows computer and haven't been yet able to get their software running on Linux with Windows emulation.

This unit was quite expensive and right now I'm pretty unhappy.

The singing noise is just on inhaling but of course inhaling is kind of common Smile

For completeness --- I'm using a Philips Wisp mask.  If you're using a different mask and have the same issue that's only worse yet.

If I ever figure anything out I'll report back.  I think unfortunately the return period for the unit is up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm looking for help with the software. Were any of you able to set up the clinician software on windows 11?
Post Reply Post Reply
There’s a noise comparison on utube with 3 of the small travel cpap machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
Robert K. Here from Texas. I've sorted around this forum for years and have found a plethora of information. Much appreciated. I too just purchased a Transcend Micro and find the whirring sound annoying. I haven't tried sleeping with it yet but I'm a very light sleeper and don't believe this unit will work for me. The specs say it runs at 27 dB. My old Apex XT Auto runs at, according to their specs 28dB. There is no way this new machine is quieter than the Apex model. Besides that is the jet air sound coming from the mask vents on inhalation. I think if I increase the starting/min. pressure that will keep the vents closed. Any idea on how to program this model of Transcend Micro?
Thanks again for all of the help over the years.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 makes loud noise when inhaling. sanger 111 162,827 09-11-2024, 09:52 AM
Last Post: tedr
  [Equipment] F&P Nova Micro nasal pillows mask carnuntum 2 395 08-26-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: carnuntum
  Trial or rental or return allowed of Resmed Mini or Transcend Micro? grnblu 5 512 08-12-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [Equipment] Transcend Micro minicpap software with parallels? tedavl 6 532 06-15-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: tedavl
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,986 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 2,876 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 1,209 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.