Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

F40 Mask Setting
F40 Mask Setting
Has anyone tried the F40 mask with the 'Full Face' setting rather than the 'Pillows' setting as ResMed recommends? I'm curious if it would feel like more or less pressure? I have been using the pillows setting but curious if anyone tries the full mask setting any noticed any differences?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F40 Mask Setting
My daughter didn't like the "feel" of the pillow setting, and changed it to full face. Although, she is used to using full face masks though, so for her it just felt better.

Her stats are good, AHI under 1, no leaks. All other readings normal for her.

I really can't say what the difference is or why ResMed recommends the pillow setting.
They're not real forthcoming with information.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am wondering if the pillows setting forces more or less air into the mask? Maybe less? Just looking for some answers around this. The F40 isn't that much smaller than the F30.
Post Reply Post Reply
Best way to find out is to give it a try and report back with your findings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do, I'll let the group know once I have a decent amount of data.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I got my F40 from the DME I was encouraged the RT actually had sleep apnea and was already using the new mask.  Must be credible, right?  For about two minutes.

She instructed me to use the FFM which she was using for the F40.  Apparently she hadn’t read the ResMed instructions on the bag that clearly said to use pillows.  Rather than argue, I took my new mask and left.

She did say her AHI was below 0.2.  It’s anecdotal, but there is at least one DME out there having success with incorrect settings.  Not so sure about her patients.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same question. I know that Resmed says us to use the pillows setting for the f40.but my DME told me to use the full face mask setting. He wasn't very clear on the difference between the two settings, or why he was recommending the full face mask setting. I have not been able to find an explanation.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently got an F40. I put the setting on pillows like the package said to. Now.....I'm wondering if the FFM setting would be better? 

Gonna try it tonight on FFM.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I tried the F40 mask settings on FFM for about 2 weeks and did not see much of a difference at all. When I went back to the 'Pillows' setting, it seems as though I may be getting a bit more air pressure, but very minimal if any. AHI and other metrics stayed the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found no difference.

My DME set the unit to FFM, because they didn’t know it had to be set to pillows per Resmed. So, I wouldn’t place much stock in their “opinions” about pillows vs FFM.

IMO the mask setting might have something to do with the proportion of flexible silicon in the mask vs the hard plastic in the frames of other FFM’s.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 307 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [CPAP] I need help setting up my new travel CPAP 47chrisrodz 1 155 08-29-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  What do the different colors mean in OSCAR under setting changes? loofah 6 840 08-26-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: j12251225
  Setting adjustment recommendations arichman 1 222 07-30-2024, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Setting Pressure While Difficult to Exhale atgg11 11 678 07-22-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: atgg11
  Flex Setting Adjustment and Leak Rate grzkar 1 236 07-13-2024, 10:54 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Best/Worst Device Setting (in OSCAR "Records") junior ravine 2 232 07-06-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.