Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fantasieimpromptu - Therapy Thread
Fantasieimpromptu - Therapy Thread
So I decided to try Cpap since I suffered from symptoms which I think may be related to my sleep, I had a at home sleep study which showed no sleep apnea and currently waiting for a in lab one, I didn't want to wait and currently got myself a cpap and I dont have Oscar data or a study which shows which pressure is optimal for me yet so I wanted to know how should I titrate my cpap? with what pressure should I start and in how much should I raise until I see benefit?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: starting to use CPAP without sleep study/data help
If you would post your sleep study summary pages with your personal data redacted, that will help us figure out what to try.

In the meantime, try this…

Mode APAP
Min pressure 7
Max pressure 15
EPR 1
No ramp

From there we can help tweak things further after you post some OSCAR data. You can read the links in my signature for “Download OSCAR” and “Formatting OSCAR Charts”.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: starting to use CPAP without sleep study/data help
I tried using the cpap machine with the settings you suggested today and i couldnt stay with it 
1. Because the mask is too small and it felt like it pressed on my nose a bit painfully even
2. The machine was very noisy
I red that cpap machines arent supposed to be very loud so i wonder if i have a problem.with the machine and if so what can it possibly be?
Also do you have a suggestion for a good cpap nose mask? Since mine is too small i wonderd if there is a way to make it more comftrable for now at least until i get a more suitable mask? 
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
how can I find optimal pressure settings without Oscar?
hey, so I started using cpap without a study and I wanted to find the optimal pressure settings via Oscar but I found out that I cant collect data with the cpap machine I have, so I wonderd how can I possibly find the right settings? 
with what pressure should I start and in how much should I raise every time until I find a pressure which I feel good with (reduced daytime symptoms) thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: how can I find optimal pressure settings without Oscar?
What brand Cpap are you using?

I've combined your two most recent threads and re-titled the thread.

Since you now have a Cpap machine, going forward, please use this thread for all your questions.
Starting more threads and then abandoning them, is not going to get you much help!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fantasieimpromptu - Therapy Thread
Hey, it is resmd autospirit2, it does have a place for sd card but theres a sd card that is stucked there which i cant get out never mind how much force i try to apply so ill have to find the right pressure for me without oscar data
Post Reply Post Reply
With ResMed machines, you have to push the SD card in a little.  Then it pops out a bit and you can easily remove the card.  Try that.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
In all the ResMed machines I have owned you push the card in and it will release.  You  don't pull it out - push it in and a  spring should push it out to where you can grab.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this your machine?  Looks to be a S8, which wouldn't be supported by OSCAR.  
If you're able to remove the SD card, it may work with the Rescan software.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried but someone inserted it in in a way which just stuck it inside the machine where it is impossible to get it out, now I need to figure out what pressure would be good for me without the data

yes but it doesn't matter since I cant get the sd card out
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Angela's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 1 64 Yesterday, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 112 2,840 Yesterday, 09:36 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  sleepyveem's therapy thread sleepyveem 11 619 09-17-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: sleepyveem
  Zeno's therapy thread Zeno 10 319 09-16-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Zeno
  Brigabart's Therapy Thread Brigabart 10 275 09-15-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread eok361 100 6,119 09-13-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] PSG1 - Therapy Thread PSG1 19 2,934 09-12-2024, 08:25 AM
Last Post: PSG1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.