Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas.
RE: Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas.
I agree that an EPR of some value, probably 2 or 3 will help stamp out flow limitation, and assume you will stay with min of 9 (actually I would make min at 6, but ok at 9). If you stay at 9, please set your ramp to off or make ramp pressure 6 instead of 4 (the current setting).

The addition of EPR generally cause an initial CA score that is higher.

CA score cannot be driven down by higher pressures, and can in fact result in somewhat higher number of CA.

You are not in danger with CA scores under 20 per hour, and probably not even higher. nothing about a CA is due to obstructed air flow.

Our goal here is to discover a setting that gives you a rested feel after a night's sleep.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bad news.. 
I taped my mouth and used the 9.6 to 11 pressure and apparently it went so badly.
I had Cheyne Stokes for almost 30 minutes and AHI of 4.22.
I want to trash my APAP.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The vast majority of the time, Resmed machines falsely report CSR.  Very rarely are they accurate.   

Here is some more reading on it:  Cheyne-Stokes respiration
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, I'm back. I have news on my situation, like.. I see patterns now. 
Everytime I have these events I'm moving and I'm probably interrupting my sleep, causing me to wake up groggy and having major anxiety issues and crashes during the day. 
Basically I NEVER have more than 30 mins of sleep without interrupting it. 
The events are showing like the pics I'm attaching and they are associated with leaks (probably from my mouth since I'm using pillow mask and it's not likely to slip out from my nostrils).
Cpap nights bring probably less event than cpap-free nights.
Are you familiar with this? How can I prevent these events from occurring?

Post Reply Post Reply
In both of these snippets, you awoke, shifted and even held your breath a little, the leaking was measured after you got started moving. It took a few seconds to solve that and after 3 or 4 breaths were back in the calmer sleep state. The second clip shows much more flow limitations.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2024, 01:26 PM)Preparedinho Wrote: The events are showing like the pics I'm attaching and they are associated with leaks (probably from my mouth since I'm using pillow mask and it's not likely to slip out from my nostrils).

You changed position, which disrupted your breathing pattern. This is normal. Additionally, some flow limitations in the inhalation period can be observed before these events, which disappeared after them. Hence, it is possible that you charged position because of the flow limitation.    

I also had leaks when I used a pillow mask while my mouth was tightly taped shut. Pillows do not need to come out of your nose holes to leak. Some stretching and misalignment can also cause leaks.

On your last uploaded chart, you have more CAs than Hs. If these CAs disturb your sleep and you want to reduce them, try EPR=2. You can have a lower number of CAs and a higher number of Hs.

Next time you upload your chart, please include the flow rate function.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this the pattern for you?
1) Flow limitation 
2) Awakening 
3) Changing position
My awakenings/arousals are rough, I do weird sounds like gasping and I move. 
Here it is the flow rate chart, I don't see a link between flow limitations and the events. 
I also noticed that playing with EPR doesn't change the situation, I will still have the CAs, even with different pressure.. some people told me "you need EPR", others told me "remove it, it's causing your CAs" but I'm setting EPR=2 for tonight, let's see.
Little reminder: I had no CAs with nasal mask but I had too many leaks and I was not comfortable with that. 
Thanks for the answer anyways, your help is precious.

Post Reply Post Reply
Tonight I'll give my f30 mask a chance because the nasal pillows is perhaps leaking through my mouth and it's not effective to prevent my breathing disorders. Last time it was leaking like crazy, maybe I can fix it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2024, 02:26 PM)Preparedinho Wrote: ...
Here it is the flow rate chart, I don't see a link between flow limitations and the events.
Ha ha.  I cannot see anything in the chart that would indicate anything, except the machine was on, and detected breathing.  Alot can be learned from close ups and with pressure and other stats supplied in a normal oscar chart properly arranged.

Too-funny  
QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
In Wikipedia, you can find detailed instructions on organizing your Oscar charts to include everything relevant.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  transitional/sleep onset apneas after years of PAP gaspsalot 10 417 Yesterday, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Feeling Worse After Successful CPAP Use kaizer989 10 360 09-16-2024, 05:58 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Months of CPAP use and feeling more fatigued senseisaitama 4 177 09-15-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 50 1,972 09-13-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
  LAB sleep study help - feeling hopeless and lost georgesadam 5 195 09-13-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: georgesadam
  Treatment Emergent Central Apnea mikesj 13 672 09-09-2024, 07:10 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Feeling like I cannot breathe vgrando 140 13,024 09-06-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.