Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling like I cannot breathe
RE: Feeling like I cannot breathe
Thank you!

My MD prescribed BiPap 12/8 with supplemental oxygen bled in at 2 liters. No other details. It is anyone's guess what he wanted. I will call my new MD and ask her what I should do.

I do not trust the respiratory therapist at my local center to set it up correctly because he gave me some erroneous information about my tidal volume numbers.

Are the auto algorithms any good? Many believe that the auto algorithms on the AirSense 11 are not great.
Post Reply Post Reply
Vgrando, let's change to Vauto mode so the PS 4 works correctly. You're currently at PS 5. There are two ways to do this:
VPAP-S mode EPAP 8.0, IPAP 12.0, or
Vauto mode EPAP min 8.0, IPAP max 15.0, PS 4.0.

You are over-ventilated with PS 5 in your last session. To address the centrals I want you to change trigger sensitivity from Medium to High.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!

I set the BiPap for tonight:
VAuto
Max IPAP:  15
Min EPAP.    8
PS.              4
Ti Max.        2
Ti Min.         0.2s 
Trigger        High
Cycle           Med
Ramp          Off
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good. I'll give you feedback and recommendations when we see some data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to wear my neck collar last night.  The night before my CA was 1.30 and my OA was 0.43, and my hypopnea was 0.14
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for posting those charts Victoria.  Your charts the other night (when you wore the collar) may have been your best ever.  Your tidal volume is over 300.  I was worried about your CA's.  Practically no CA's on these charts.  Wearing the collar (or possibly raising your EPAP ) should combat all of these OA's.  You still have some high flow limitations in these charts.  Usually increasing EPR (or the differential pressure between EPAP and IPAP - (PS)  helps combat these, but we don't want your CA's to get too high again.  PS 5 overventilate you.  

Sleeprider has a VAUTO, so he can fine tune and optimize you better than me.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I have been away at a conference using an Airsense mini. Boy, you know the difference without a heated tube! My 02 dipped most nights. I need oxygen when I travel.

Is there any portable oxygen concentrator that is small/light and does continuous flow?

I came home with a cold with nasal congestion. Therefore, I only connected 02 for the past week.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've seen new and used Respironics Simply Go portable oxygen concentrators (POC) for sale. This is not the Simply Go Mini, that's pulse only. Need to pay attention to details, but a few list continuous flow up to 2L/Min. Most POC are pulse only, few that I've seen like those Simply Go models have any continuous flow. I've seen listed ones with batteries and might be refurbished.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice to see a post from you again.  How is your therapy going with your new VAUTO?
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
I am doing ok. Oxygen is doing well, supplementing with two liters n02 at night.  I am using a Resmed n20 for her. It is the most comfortable to breathe with and has the least peri-orbital edema. It leaks more than the FFM but I can tolerate it best.

I found this new portable )2 concentrator with both plus and continuous flow Belluscura has now developed the DISCOV-R™ Portable Oxygen Concentrator. 

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling bad despite all of my attempts.. And.. Central apneas. Preparedinho 34 1,340 Yesterday, 11:37 AM
Last Post: 59Bugeye
  AHI looks good, but still feeling bad nh00 54 3,652 09-04-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: LennySleeps
  [Equipment] I Always Wake Up Feeling Like A Blowfish Kamryn 1 138 08-29-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Do you know how to breathe? sptrout 6 2,596 08-29-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: SeePak
Sad Still feeling like no sleep sloth123 2 156 08-25-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Feeling terrible ctenanthe 7 323 08-01-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Used CPAP for months and still not feeling better jarrod1893 5 268 07-30-2024, 06:35 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.