Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally I got ASV !
Wink 
Finally I got ASV !
Hello,

After several years of using the Resmed 10 and then 11 CPAP machines with various settings, I continue to feel very tired despite regular use of the machine. 

My doctor has finally decided to switch to the Resmed 10 ASV. 
Here are screenshots from last night with the Resmed 11. 

https://imgur.com/a/jHo8s12

The pressure 10-12 EPR 1 seems to give the least bad results overall. 
In your opinion, what would be the right settings to use on the ASV machine for a smooth transition?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally I got ASV !
For a new user of ASV, I like to see the device in ASVauto mode at default pressure settings or EPAP min 5.0, EPAP max 15.0, PS min 3.0, PS max 15.0.  In your case, I think we will slightly modify that to EPAP max of 10.0 instead of 15.  Once we see the first chart, we should see a path to reduce some of the PS max.  Congrats. This is going to work out a lot better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With ASV you'll want to change things up some. This is what I would try running first:

Mode, ASV Auto
EPAP Min 6 Max 12
PS Min 3 Max 15
IPAP will self calculate based on the at the moment EPAP and PS, so you won't see a setting for this one.

The main reason I wouldn't go full default to titration is that you're already on CPAP, and it starts even higher than my suggested numbers. This may need edits based on usage and OSCAR charts.

I would also suggest staying away from Ramp settings if possible. If you must have it, make it minimal time and pressure equal to Min EPAP.

Humidity, heated hose can be identical to CPAP.

You can post OSCAR as new attachments direct to your posts. My device couldn't zoom in on imgur for some reason.

PS edit Sleeprider beat me to the post. His suggestions are fine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I will post new charts with ASV machine as soon I get it, normally tomorrow.
I'm crossing my fingers that ASV works.

Doctor said we cannot expect a clear improvement...

But I am more optimistic.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had my first night with the ASV, but it was short because it woke me up a few times due to pressure change.
Rest of the night with Resmed 11.

Netherless today I felt good which is rare.

Here's a screenshot of the ASV part of the night, hope it can help despite short time (less than 3 hours).

https://imgur.com/a/sz77pqi

Thanks for your help.
Serge
Post Reply Post Reply
The ASV chart looks decent, I do think you'll undo progress with getting used to it if you keep swapping other machines in.

Leaks are decent, events minimal, both positive.

Can you pinpoint what kind of pressure change, too high or low? You can edit it to help get you started, but the goal will likely go back to about this setup. You'll probably want to wean yourself off of Ramp.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Obviously I was a bit embarassed by feeling of big expire/inspire (not sure I am clear) and maybe too much pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning !

Last night impossible to keep my ASV machine due to strong aerophagia.
I felt I was imploding...

What can I do ? Maybe reduce pressure support ?

Merci
Post Reply Post Reply
I've lost track of your current settings, my apology.

For aerophagia, you might need to reduce EPAP Max and/or PS Max. I would consider it temporary as therapy will be hindered. EPAP edits will affect your base pressure while PS affects the short inhale bursts that will impact CA the most. Maybe you can edit down EPAP Max to try first.

Also I've had aerophagia at times when starting on ASV, I've minimized it by way of left side down sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2024, 07:45 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I've lost track of your current settings, my apology.

Current settings :

min EPAP 6
max Epap 10

Min PS 3
Max PS 15

It was really uncomfortable. A lot of burps.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally giving OSCAR a shot after 4 months of CPAP with no results SleeepyPuck 17 620 07-30-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Finally Taking The Reins Myself. Oscar Assistance JalopyJimbo 1 253 05-15-2024, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Cool [Pressure] Finally a Resmed user!!! Need Help!!! :) mrsleepyhead2001 4 528 05-05-2024, 12:43 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 48 4,377 04-19-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 630 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,850 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89
  Finally a decent nights rest but swallowing air sfgiants123 2 706 05-13-2023, 10:26 AM
Last Post: sfgiants123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.