Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Sticky eyes in the morning
Sticky eyes in the morning
I have diagnosed sleep apnea (AHI ~60) and have been wearing a Loewenstein Prisma Soft and a Resmed Airfit N30i nasal mask for about 2 weeks. I often have sticky eyes in the morning and am not sure where this is coming from. An evaluation of the SD card with OSCAR did not reveal any leaks. Are there any other possibilities?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sticky eyes in the morning
Are you using a nasal pillows mask? What is the pressure range you are working with?

With nasal pillows, sometimes due to higher pressure, air may leak back from the ear to the eye via lachrimal duct.
This leak is typically very small so won't show up as a large leak.
This will cause sticky eyes due to the moisture in your tears evaporating due to the air leaking.

The other option could be a jet of air leaking from your mask (any type) and hitting the eye when you are asleep. This will also dry out the eye.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - not feeling rested in the morning! jc1996 3 188 10-05-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Started noticing dry mouth in the morning BionicSpud 13 353 09-29-2024, 09:17 AM
Last Post: eok361
  CPAP Mask Size Issue: Will Switching to a Large Prevent My Morning Headaches? sinanacar 5 377 09-28-2024, 07:17 AM
Last Post: sinanacar
  Pressure settings on APAP - Morning Headaches Jhlopez 0 128 09-24-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Jhlopez
  Throat and windpipe full every morning. John Leslie 5 247 08-28-2024, 04:28 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Up every morning before dawn Breathworker 0 200 08-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Breathworker
  More events + higher pressure in early morning waking me up? Looking for advice! JustG 1 228 07-26-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.