Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA
RE: First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA
If it needs any dialing in, it'll be pretty easy. 3 modes, up to 4 pressures.

CPAP mode straight pressure
ASV mode EPAP and PS Min-Max
ASV Auto mode EPAP Min-Max.
IPAP hiding

Probably similar to the old 9 series.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Morning, here is a screen shot with default settings from last night. 3.54 AHI and also screenshot from my first night with the same settings I used on old S9 machine 2.18 AHI

Post Reply Post Reply
We need to raise EPAP min, and be mindful of possible positional issues. For now, the only change is EPAP min 7.0. Obstructive events are in clear clusters. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel like it was more difficult to get through the night with these setting. See attached

[attachment=64270]
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, the OSCAR chart didn't attach.

Maybe you can expand on how it was more difficult as well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, see if attached now. I felt like there was a lot more pressure when breathing and made it more difficult  for me to breath, it also felt like the pressure was pushing my mask off at times.

Post Reply Post Reply
With the clusters of hypopneas, a few things regarding positional apnea may help (as Sleeprider has already mentioned postional apnea).  Things to try in order:  lowering your pillow height.  Possibly switching from back sleep to side sleeping (or trying a different sleep position).  Using a soft cervical collar.  Just measure from your chest (sternum) to your chin in inches and fractions of an inch.  

I see a respiratory rate of around 12 median (this is the lower end of the range of normal from my research - 12 to 20 is average or so).  Median tidal volume of around 440 (not bad).  12 x 440 = Not bad.    

Getting the hypopneas down should help.  After the hypopneas get controlled, you may be able to lower the pressure a bit.

I still had an AHI in the 20's with positional apnea untreated using my s9 Adapt ASV.  It went down close to zero with a collar.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
We can drop the EPAP min back down to 5 or 6 cm. As you can see, even with higher EPAP pressure, we can't stop the positional apnea. Those clustered events will continue until you find a solution to the problem
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not trying to beat dead horses, but the Positional clusters were your enemy here.

The area around 01:25 likely where the positional restrictions began, pressure began turning up, and the leaks added in. At about 02:50 you possibly moved due to the disturbance and then it all calmed down. Until the next small bit at around 03:45-04:10. This time the leaks didn't occur nearly so bad.

Positional Apnea is a physical, external based issue, and needs to physically, externally be addressed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok I will reduce pressure and see how it goes and will monitor my sleep position
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Health] redoing my sleep study: weight loss, medication, etc. and insurance? human 1 48 Yesterday, 05:37 PM
Last Post: human
  help with sleep study deciding on a new machine georgesadam 8 136 09-14-2024, 04:56 AM
Last Post: williamwu1107
  LAB sleep study help - feeling hopeless and lost georgesadam 5 164 09-13-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: georgesadam
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 26 4,534 09-09-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Dumdi
  A new study ischua 9 285 09-08-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New here - Post Sleep Study Question Tenley 4 957 09-03-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] starting to use CPAP without sleep study/data help Fantasieimpromptu 2 159 09-03-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Fantasieimpromptu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.