Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA
RE: First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA
(04-11-2024, 04:39 PM)PandaZA Wrote: I will prupose this to the lady at the sleep lab tomorrow to see if she can convince the sleep lab doctor to order the ASV titration. It's frustrating that you can not speak to the guy directly to ask questions as to his decisions.

Let's just say the sleep doctor is not God and the Lady at the sleep lab is not Jesus.  Things should not work this way.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone - current settings are producing consistent results. I don't think I need to post any future Oscar data unless I see a change.

Next goal is navigating our wonderful health system to get a new machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, keep us posted. It sounds like a number of us are in the Pittsburgh area, although you are at the opposite end of town from me.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Certainly keep updating us. Those crazy quackers aren't permitted a win.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sent over updated sleep doctor report and resmed machine treatment page from titration docs to my pcp and she ordered ASV titration for me. 

Canonsburg was not my first choice for sleep study, I actually live in the north closer to cranberry It was the only facility that didn’t have a 2-3 month wait.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems like your PCP might be the one to work with regarding your treatment then. As long as you have a doctor that is willing to listen to what you'll say and give you what you need.
Post Reply Post Reply
Little wins are better than any losses. Keep fighting for what's shown to be right for you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I strongly recommend working with your PCP, and have said so many times. If you're working with AHN, you might want to check out Forbes or the doctors in Monroeville area. It's actually a pretty easy trip down the turnpike to get here. In the other direction, I think you should look at options in Butler, PA. You probably have coverage there and they have avoided the AHN indoctrination.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2024, 10:41 AM)PandaZA Wrote: I sent over updated sleep doctor report and resmed machine treatment page from titration docs to my pcp and she ordered ASV titration for me. 

Canonsburg was not my first choice for sleep study, I actually live in the north closer to cranberry It was the only facility that didn’t have a 2-3 month wait.

Did you also send your PCP charts and summaries of your current ASV therapy?  If ASV is already effective, what is the purpose of titration?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Wouldn't you current ASV OSCAR charts be the result of Titration? Admitted, one that you did yourself. If those crack medicals get the machine choice wrong, it's very likely they won't get pressure guessing right.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Health] redoing my sleep study: weight loss, medication, etc. and insurance? human 1 48 Yesterday, 05:37 PM
Last Post: human
  help with sleep study deciding on a new machine georgesadam 8 136 09-14-2024, 04:56 AM
Last Post: williamwu1107
  LAB sleep study help - feeling hopeless and lost georgesadam 5 164 09-13-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: georgesadam
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 26 4,534 09-09-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Dumdi
  A new study ischua 9 285 09-08-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New here - Post Sleep Study Question Tenley 4 957 09-03-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] starting to use CPAP without sleep study/data help Fantasieimpromptu 2 159 09-03-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Fantasieimpromptu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.