Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA
RE: First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA
Read the chart on page 5 of the reference I gave you...

ST: Augments any breaths initiated
by the patient, but also supplies
additional breaths if the breath rate
falls below the clinician’s set “backup”
respiratory rate

Treats: COPD, NMD, OHS and other
respiratory conditions

ASV: Targets the patient’s minute ventilation,
continually learning the patient’s
breathing pattern and instantly
responding to any changes

Central or mixed apneas, complex
sleep apnea, Periodic Breathing (PB)

We already coverd all of this on Post #18. https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...#pid509344 You had central apnea and were titrated with CPAP and BiPAP. Even with pressure 16/11 and a backup rate of 14 bpm (ST) you had a residual AHI much higher than what you have already demonstrated on ASV. Your medical system is bizarre and your medical team is ignoring your results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hear Quack

They are playing with your therapy in a bad way. You're seeing what ASV gives. My opinion, if you go to ST toss out those good results. You'd very likely not see even close with this ST baloney.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
According to this my diagnosis is OSA.

Post Reply Post Reply
And I still haven't been able to talk to the doctor directly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, I am not overweight 5'10" 165lbs
Post Reply Post Reply
A diagnosis of OSA blatantly ignores the 29 CA over the 7 OA. You may need to look for a replacement doctor before the machine. Doctors that ignore CA altogether seem lazy and don't want to advocate for the patient.

I would ask point blank, what lung disease do you intend to treat with the ST?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not giving in to an ST machine!!

You are not wrong regarding our medical system. It is so frustrating and a nightmare to even communicate with someone.
Post Reply Post Reply
They diagnosed you with OSA while completely disregarding the majority CA. Those doctors seem like they don't have a clue what is the best treatment.

You're using AHN Canonsburg PA? I'm from the Pittsburgh area as well and have not heard good things about AHN over that way. Canonsburg hospital was bad many years ago when I was a kid and it seems like they haven't cleaned up their act since!
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if it helps, but in 2017 on my sleep study it showed lots of CA to OA. I had just joined Apnea Board, and learned about the ASV. Diagnosis OSA, but CA mentioned. I consulted with the pulmonary doctor's team, asking about if the CA will be treated or not. She was like uh... They need treated. Says non innocent I, an ASV right? Yes. Otherwise the actual prescribing doctor would have went with ST as next step. I think I said ASV or nothing. They decided to keep me as a patient.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, hopefully I can get to talk with the right person today - if not I will keep trying.

I have also attached Oscar data for last night similar AHI to night before. 

I was looking at the flow rate and it can be inconsistent at times. Is this just the machine doing its job (see diagram)?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Understanding sleep study results Moemah123 10 202 1 hour ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Health] redoing my sleep study: weight loss, medication, etc. and insurance? human 1 99 09-15-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: human
  help with sleep study deciding on a new machine georgesadam 8 156 09-14-2024, 04:56 AM
Last Post: williamwu1107
  LAB sleep study help - feeling hopeless and lost georgesadam 5 182 09-13-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: georgesadam
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 26 4,580 09-09-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Dumdi
  A new study ischua 9 310 09-08-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New here - Post Sleep Study Question Tenley 4 965 09-03-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.