Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA
RE: First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA
Hi,

AHI was a little higher last night.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think it's time for the EPAP edit. Maybe bump Min from 5 up to 6 and Max from 8 up to 12

New EPAP 6-12
View results, evaluate, edit again if needed.

If that seems too much of a change, EPAP Min 6 still, EPAP Max 10
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is what things looked like last night with an AHI of 1.89.

Post Reply Post Reply
Not bad for an overnight noticable change.

Do you better for the change?

Unless there's a negative aspect with this setup, I'd keep it at this to see what trend develops.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's difficult to say if I feel better after just the one night. I will give it a couple nights and see how it goes.

Thanks again for all the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
They are saying they want to try me on a ST first before doing an ASV titration. What would the benefit of an ST machine be over ASV or vice versa. It's just going to end up being and extra cost to try and ST first as I would have to pay rental on it and if it doesn't work would have to pay again for ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ST? Zero benefit for you. It was the old answer to attempt Central Apnea treatment. Mostly it helped some a bit due to the backup rate. Period. I myself would say the ASV is the only answer. The ST will waste your time and money.

If you're going through a Titration, maybe request or ask if they'll try ST and ASV to find out. But the ASV will be better in treating CA. And realistically, typically a Titration is not necessary, giving not much better than guessing on pressure settings. One night snapshot is only good for that night in my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
ST is a fixed pressure bilevel with a timed backup and square-wave pressure transitions. Old tech. Absolutely obsolete compared to ASV which gives an adaptive backup rate and pressure support as well as variable EPAP and Easybreathe pressure transitions. I have never seen a member do better with ST which is intended for pulmonary disease and obesity hypoventilation. Read about ASV and ST in the Resmed Clinical Titration Guide. https://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/...er_eng.pdf

Who is "they"?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the message I got from the respiratory therapist. It’s coming from the doctor at the sleep lab.

Hello, just wanted to give you an update on your unit. I just spoke to Lindsay at sleep lab and the pulmonologist is fixing the sleep report and will send over so I can forward to our intake to work on getting you the Bipap ST. She stated he will not just go straight to an ASV unit, so if there are any problems with the ST then they would have you go back to the lab for an ASV titration.
Post Reply Post Reply
Read the chart on page 5 of the reference I gave you...

ST: Augments any breaths initiated
by the patient, but also supplies
additional breaths if the breath rate
falls below the clinician’s set “backup”
respiratory rate

Treats: COPD, NMD, OHS and other
respiratory conditions

ASV: Targets the patient’s minute ventilation,
continually learning the patient’s
breathing pattern and instantly
responding to any changes

Central or mixed apneas, complex
sleep apnea, Periodic Breathing (PB)

What was your diagnosis? What is the objective of this therapy. Do you have any of the conditions described under ST or ASV? Which one?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Health] redoing my sleep study: weight loss, medication, etc. and insurance? human 1 48 Yesterday, 05:37 PM
Last Post: human
  help with sleep study deciding on a new machine georgesadam 8 136 09-14-2024, 04:56 AM
Last Post: williamwu1107
  LAB sleep study help - feeling hopeless and lost georgesadam 5 164 09-13-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: georgesadam
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 26 4,534 09-09-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Dumdi
  A new study ischua 9 285 09-08-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New here - Post Sleep Study Question Tenley 4 957 09-03-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] starting to use CPAP without sleep study/data help Fantasieimpromptu 2 158 09-03-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Fantasieimpromptu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.