Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First time user. I purchased an F40 hybrid mask?
First time user. I purchased an F40 hybrid mask?
I purchased the Airsense 10 and F40 hybrid mask by the recommendation with Lofta.com. I guess it will be set to an Autopap. I was only approved by my insurance for a home test which said mild but my Dr said it isn’t always accurate and probably mild to moderate.
I decided to purchase the machine then dealing with a rental through Adapthealth.
Any feed back on the F40 mask. Don’t have my machine yet. I tried my husband nasal one for 30 seconds and it was awful. So I guess I’ll find out if I can get used to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First time user. I purchased an F40 hybrid mask?
it's the newest mask and has received lots of praise around here.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's my recent experience:

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...-too-loose
Post Reply Post Reply
I acquired an AirFit F40 a couple of weeks ago. It was okay, but I do think my expectations were too high. It didn't perform any better than my AirFit F30. 

I used it for a few nights and eventually went back to my F30. Just last night, I decided to forgo CPAP and I slept like a baby. I do that every now & then. 

Anyways, you may do very well with the F40. I'll still use mine when I feel like it. A change of masks every once in a while is a good way to break up the routine a bit.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
Info not asked for:

Request your copy of as much details involved with the sleep study, even this home version. This request goes to the ordering physician. The request cannot be refused or denied, HIPAA law gives you the right to request and receive.

Also request the details on the device CPAP, and you should suggest what you'll want as brand of CPAP and mask. Best CPAP is still ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet , similar ResMed 11 close second. Me I'd request it by full name in bold. Don't let your machine choice up to the doctor or DME supplier. You're the user, not them.

You can set your machine up with your own settings yourself free with coaching here. Order your free CPAP Setup Manual above. Also get OSCAR free in its link. You can be fully proactive with these 2 items, getting good therapy, as most CPAP users get little doctor support in most cases.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an F40. I love it. Be sure you get the right size. It’s very minimalist, even for a hybrid.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried it and don't like it, but it's because of the silicone on my nostrils, the F20 system is better for me, but your mileage may vary. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 2 434 10-03-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: iknownothing
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 154 7,762 10-01-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Waste of Time? - Pulmonary Visit mark.apnea 8 347 09-26-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Another low (really low) AHI but tired - first time OSCAR user xtracheese 4 221 09-25-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: xtracheese
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 250 09-13-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 5 579 09-10-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 611 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.