Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments
RE: First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments
It has now been just about 5 months on cpap. I have attached some recent OSCAR charts, and would love some additional feedback. Symptom wise, I have been so-so. I still have a lot of fatigue, and have seen no let up in the fatigue. I definitely notice the fatigue is much less, especially in the morning with cpap. I have continued to use a cervical collar, and have also begun to use mask tape. I suspect I have UARS tbh, as I fit that demographic much more than OSA. I would like some feedback on the breathing pattern in the 3rd screenshot, as this is what i believe to be REM, and to be happening during these. 
Thanks in advance-

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi phillyfan24,

I'd like to see a zoomed in shot of the waveforms before and during the Hypopnea Event please if you could. I would also suggest you to please run the machine in cpap mode set to 15.5cm for a night or two (with EPR turned on fulltime and set to 3) and see if you begin to feel more rested (you're pretty close to running fixed pressure as it is) and I can't tell if EPR is on from these charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Appreciate the reply. I have attached chart to this post. I will change pressure tonight and post after a few trials.

Post Reply Post Reply
My EPR is set to 3. I attached two charts from fixed pressure 15.6cm. One night not too bad, the other day was not good at all, one of my worst. I am starting to wonder if I would benefit from bilevel? Any recs as far as adjustments? These higher pressures have also started to cause bad stomach pains in the morning.

Post Reply Post Reply
Two more nights of data, this time I adjusted 15.8-17.6 with EPR of 3 to see if higher pressures would reduce my flow limitations. I seem to have solved my OAs, however, i am still having flow limitations, and it looks like it is primarily during REM sleep. 
I recently purchased a BIPAP (resmed aircurve 10 - saw it super cheap and figured wouldn't hurt to have in case). Do you think I should give this a try? and what pressures should i start at? my only concern switching is I am still in the "monitoring period" of my original APAP until october, but I suppose I could always return it and just manage this on my own.

Post Reply Post Reply
It's been a bit, so i am hoping for some assistance. Many updates. First, I purchased a BiPAP, which has helped somewhat, maybe 20%. Still having decent days, and also terrible days in terms of fatigue. Brain fog remains a constant. Secondly, I finally saw ENT, who confirmed a "severe" nasal deviation/blockage, and I will be getting septoplasty/turbinate reduction in November (praying this helps). As far as my data, are there any changes to make? I consistently am waking up during my dreams, and also I wake every morning with severe gas and bloating and take Gasx.

Post Reply Post Reply
We could better help you if you make some changes to your Oscar charts.  Drop the calendar from the left panel.  That way we can see useful information below.  Also, we need to see the following, in the order listed on your chart:

Event Flags
Flow Rate
Pressure
Leak Rate
Flow Limits

We need to be able to read to the very bottom of the flow limits.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You Deborah! Attached new chart with the changes.

Post Reply Post Reply
You made a lot of progress with APAP and CPAP, and now it seems you have made the jump to Vauto at EPAP min 12.8, max pressure 18.2 and PS 5.4. If anything you may be a bit over-titrated, and I don't know how you got to your current settings. Your setup results in fixed pressure of 18.3/12.8. Your last APAP chart was 14.8/11.8 to 16/13, so your current EPAP is near the upper range of your last APAP, but pressure is much higher with your PS of 5.4. Can you elaborate on your titration process. I would have started you at EPAP min 10, max pressure 17, PS 4.0 in Vauto mode. You seem well beyond that at this point.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2024, 07:27 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: You made a lot of progress with APAP and CPAP, and now it seems you have made the jump to Vauto at EPAP min 12.8, max pressure 18.2 and PS 5.4.  If anything  you may be a bit over-titrated, and I don't know how you got to  your current settings.   Your setup results in fixed pressure of 18.3/12.8.   Your last APAP chart was 14.8/11.8 to 16/13, so your current EPAP is near the upper range of your last APAP, but pressure is much higher with your PS of 5.4.  Can you elaborate on your titration process.  I would have started you at EPAP min 10, max pressure 17, PS 4.0 in Vauto mode.  You seem well beyond that at this point.

Thanks for your response Sleeprider...

As far as my titration process, I will admit I do not have an exact process. I was still having obstructive apneas on some nights, which is why I have my EPAP increased. I have since lowered my EPAP down to 12, and this seems to have eliminated the aerophagia over the last few nights. As for my max pressure/pressure support, I have gradually increased this to attempt to get rid of my remaining flow limitations and what I believe may be RERAs. I attached a close up below. These I believe are really impacting my REM sleep. Also attached last nights data - I used a chin strap which helped alot. I used to mouth tape, but stopped after I was advised after my ENT appt due to a severe blockage, which i will be getting septoplasty to fix in a few months. 
I supposed my main question would be how do I resolve these remaining events that, given my ongoing symptoms (albeit improved with PAP), have continued to disrupt my sleep. This is why I have continued to increase PS. Or are these so miniscule I should not worry about them? 

Appreciate your advice.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help With CPAP Treatment (Oscar Help) Bosox6177 2 115 10-19-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bosox6177
  New to CPAP, High CA OSCAR review needed ArmedStag 5 301 10-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Airsense 11 ASV pressure adjustments? JBSLEEPZZZ 9 310 10-09-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: JBSLEEPZZZ
  Finally have Oscar and want to make sure I am doing CPAP right! Danno220 6 259 10-06-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  1 Week in - Treatment regimen central apnea? mikaelbb 3 266 10-03-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] 1 Week Usage - Help Needed GalaxyRoll 4 271 10-01-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New CPAP user, looking for help understanding OSCAR Ksquared716 3 302 09-19-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.