Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fisher and Paykel Solo
Fisher and Paykel Solo
Has anyone seen or heard anything about the new Solo mask from F&P?  It sounds as if the headgear is where things are in that it tightens like a car seatbelt.  I use an F&P full and find that I have to fine tune the straps daily.  I would love to be able to press my mask in place and forget it.  If I could wear a nasal or pillow mask without mouth leaks I would give the mask a try when available.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fisher and Paykel Solo
I've not heard about it.

With the name Solo I have to wonder if there's going to be a Star Wars Han Solo edition. May the CPAP force be with you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As with most F&P mask releases, it seems this model is only available in Australia. It will take a few months to reach the U.S. and receive FDA approval. When the Evora Full was released, I ordered one from an Australian DME. The only downside was their website security was compromised and someone tried to use my credit card I had used to make the purchase.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2023, 08:14 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I've not heard about it.

With the name Solo I have to wonder if there's going to be a Star Wars Han Solo edition. May the CPAP force be with you.

Yea no kidding.  I think it is only available in Australia and New Zealand at this time.  I saw it on a YouTube Short.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcSkC0gaIMc
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2023, 09:49 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: As with most F&P mask releases, it seems this model is only available in Australia.   It will take a few months to reach the U.S. and receive FDA approval.  When the Evora Full was released, I ordered one from an Australian DME.    The only downside was their website security was compromised and someone tried to use my credit card I had used to make the purchase.

- Red

I love my Evora Full.  I'm hoping they change the headgear over time to something like this.  Really the mask itself isn't any different than other nasal/pillow type masks.  It is the headgear that is the game changer.
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess on timing of news info, and onto release, I'd probably say about like the Evora. Rumors and such about 6 months to a year before the Australian side of the planet gets it. Then more time before we get it here. All speculation of course.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's coming. FDA 510(k) decision date was last May:

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs...223696.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I hate to boast but I received my F&P Solo Pillows mask a couple of hours ago here in Sydney Australia.

Made by Fisher & Paykel on the island of New Zealand 

Here it is on my bed next to the Resmed P10 mask, released in January 2014.

[Image: 53321884016_966e37d32a_o.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2023, 02:44 AM)lab rat Wrote: I hate to boast but I received my F&P Solo Pillows mask a couple of hours ago here in Sydney Australia.

Made by Fisher & Paykel on the island of New Zealand 

Here it is on my bed next to the Resmed P10 mask, released in January 2014.

[Image: 53321884016_966e37d32a_o.jpg]
Hope you provide a review soon.  I am looking forward to hearing about how the headgear works.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the area by the cushion super hard. I found the f&p evora so hard it kept digging into my face. I just couldn’t wear it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Fisher and Paykel MikeMac 4 268 09-01-2024, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Phaase
  Fisher & Paykel Simplus - Have you experienced teeth or jaw issues? jh1111 3 188 07-31-2024, 09:05 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  fisher paykel simplus mask on resmed machine Heaviside 5 367 06-23-2024, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Heaviside
  f&p solo airsense 11 settings silverdr 2 396 05-28-2024, 07:47 AM
Last Post: silverdr
  My experiences with Fisher & Paykel ESON2 Nose Mask braindead 26 6,561 05-04-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: SergioB57
  F&P Solo exhillation port silverdr 0 304 04-22-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 19,950 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.