Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR?
Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR?
Hello, 

I'm new to CPAP and very interested in understanding my data.  Especially my O2 data.  

I'm using a Wellue Wrist Pulse Oximeter and the O2 Insight Pro desktop app for managing the data on PC. I'd like to import the O2 data into Oscar to show the O2 data side-by-side with my CPAP data, but I'm stumped on how to manage this step?

The daily files from the O2 Insight Pro do not have a file extension/file type. Oscar does not find any files to import. This is probably a simple step I'm overlooking and I'd appreciate any help if you're also using these programs!

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR ???
The Wellue data filename is primarily a 14-digit number.  Some of the newer versions of O2 Insight Pro and ViHealth prepend the digits with the oximeter's model name to the file.  Some of the newer versions of ViHealth also append the file extension, ".dat".

The 14-digits consist of the year(4), month(2), day(2), hour(2), minutes(2), and seconds(2).  A file created on Sunday, February 25, 2024 @ 5:15:45PM would be, 20240225171545.

To import this binary data file into OSCAR, go to Data → Import Viatom/Wellue Data, navigate to the file or files you wish to import and select them.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it worked!  Super easy.  Thank you!!  In OSCAR, I was using the Welcome screen "Oximetry Wizard". I feel so silly for missing the Data tab in the top left screen.  There is an "Import Viatom/Wellue Data" option right there.  I didn't even have to change the file name.  (I imported the files from a folder I saved on my desktop.)  Hope this helps someone else. 

Is there a way to get the O2 notes to carry over?  I currently download my data each morning over bluetooth to my iPhone.  Then I make a note in the ViHealth app if needed.  When I transfer the data to O2 Insight Pro on my PC, I can't see any of the notes.  If I edit the file on O2 Insight Pro it will display in that program on the sleep report.  But neither notes transfer into OSCAR.  I can make the O2 notes directly in OSCAR if needed.  I see the notes section and the "feelings" slider bar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Currently, OSCAR does not have any provision for the note's carryover.   The Viatom/Wellue data is actually stored in an SQL database and is extracted to create the binary data file.  I'm guessing that there is a table or field for notes in that database, but I have not searched for it.  In fact, until you posted about it here, I wasn't aware that it existed.  I only use their software to obtain the oximeter's data.  So, color me stupid!  Whistle

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick response!  I'll keep my notes daily in the ViHealth app then enter them into OSCAR weekly when I load my CPAP SD card data.  

Appreciate all the help.  I'm really excited about understanding my OSCAR data.  I'm working with my dentist on trying a custom oral appliance.  This will really help me look at everything including how I feel.  Next step is to get more familiar with all the data in OSCAR and what it means!
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think the notes even carry over to O2 Insight if they were added on the phone. If I'm wrong please let me know. I complained to them a while back but they didn't understand what I was saying.
Post Reply Post Reply
They (Viatom/Wellue) are renowned for reinventing the wheel on each revision of ViHealth.  I would guess that the notes are in either their database, PlusebitO2.db in O2Insight Pro and earlier versions of ViHealth or the newer database version, db_o2.db used by ViHealth.  

I do know that the notes are separate from the raw data. They are not stored in the binary files with the data.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR?
No, the notes don’t carry over from the app to the PC software Insight Pro.  Then if I manually enter them them in Insight Pro they still don’t transfer to OSCAR.  So I’m just going to manually put them in OSCAR once a week.  When I wash all my equipment I transfer my CPAP SD card and O2 data into OSCAR.  I’m getting a real routine together!

Good to know it’s separate!  I’m just happy I got my O2 files into OSCAR and they synced right up with my CPAP data.  I can manually enter the few notes I make about alcohol, travel, or illness etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys, I just got my Checkme O2 Max working Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I really like mine!  I’m impressed with the ease in wearing it, battery life, and reports.  

At one point I thought part of the sensor was in the wrist band and was wearing it so tight I got some skin irritation.  Then I realized the metal prong is just to hold it in the plastic wrist band.   

I don’t usually wake up to the low alerts, but it’s nice it has it.  

Hoping the thumb sensor holds up.  I’m very careful with it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  O2 Insight Files to Oscar channeal 0 114 09-20-2024, 11:30 AM
Last Post: channeal
Question Can we add notes to OSCAR files? SleeplessSomewhere 2 185 08-20-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: SleeplessSomewhere
Sad EncorePro: Is there a way to load data from files? hikoo 3 251 05-22-2024, 02:37 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  any example files for OSCAR CSV import enigmatic 16 1,564 04-25-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: enigmatic
  Oscar 1.5.2 freezes at Backing up Files Win11 warreparre 1 316 04-01-2024, 04:48 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Data Files in an upgrade AlanR 2 300 03-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: AlanR
  OSCAR Doesn't Recognize Data Files Heaviside 1 434 02-17-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Heaviside

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.