Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HELP: Summertime exposes a big bug in OSCAR
RE: HELP: Summertime exposes a big bug in OSCAR
Also, ResScan is displaying the data correctly after DST change, so it's obviously an OSCAR bug.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have the DST option in your profile selected? If so, edit it and deselect it.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Works perfectly! 
Then that was not a bug, but functionality!

Very logical indeed, having in mind that one is not supposed to use the clinical menu!

You should spread the message through all that live in this misunderstanding!

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
OK,

I guess I did not set my profile correctly in Oscar. In Australia at least, DST changes at 03:00. I have a Resmed S9, an oldie but a goodie. There is no correction for DST in the box, so last night I manually set the time back one hour before going to sleep. I did not have the DST box ticked in my profile all summer, TZ was set to AEST, not AEDST.

Now, looking at the graphs (samples below), at 01:00, time is correct, at 03:40 the time is off by one hour. So, OSCAR has assumed DST changes for my location at 03:00 on the first full weekend in April.

To all commenters, set your device clock to the correct time today, activate or deactivate the DST flag, ensure time is correct and look at the times tomorrow. I suspect they will be correct.

Now, a question for the developers, how and at what time should the DST flag be set in the profile? Different countries change DST on different dates. Have these dates been programmed into Osacr for each country / TZ?

Regards,

Steve

Post Reply Post Reply
The DST is one of those SleepyHead holdovers. Since OSCAR uses the CPAP's time and date, I don't see any need or a purpose for it. Going forward 1-hour is no problem on reporting the data. The problem I see is when going back 1-hour, because you theoretically have double data for the same time period. I feel the time change should occur either before or after a sleep session day. Your sleep data is not dependent on an exact time, but rather your sleep duration.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2024, 07:43 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The DST is one of those SleepyHead holdovers.  Since OSCAR uses the CPAP's time and date, I don't see any need or a purpose for it.  Going forward 1-hour is no problem on reporting the data.  The problem I see is when going back 1-hour, because you theoretically have double data for the same time period.  I feel the time change should occur either before or after a sleep session day.  Your sleep data is not dependent on an exact time, but rather your sleep duration.
- Red

All true, but why does Oscar report the time on the chart and the green line time as correct before 3am on the day of change and incorrect after if there is no DST setting on the machine? does it tie in somehowe withe PC's TZ settings? That would be logical.

It all shows  correct today.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP and PpO2 data out of sync because of summertime NoRestForWicked 10 2,697 03-28-2018, 01:51 PM
Last Post: NoRestForWicked

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.