Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV settings and tips
RE: ASV settings and tips
So I've been using my ASV consistently on the same settings for over two months now and wanted to post an update.

ASV seems to be working alright for me. Most days I feel decent with very mild tiredness during the day. On occasion, I'll get a day where I'm just more tired. It may be related to my PAP therapy, but I'm not sure there's much else I can change as far as machine settings go. 

I do get random nights where the machine records a higher AHI than usual. I've attached the most recent night and a night where I got higher than normal numbers.

Let me know if you guys see anything of note, because everything looks alright to me.

Post Reply Post Reply
I myself am not seeing anything worth the edit. My ASV therapy didn't score the same every night either. And at least for me, therapy removed a big fatigue cause. Other illnesses still cause some tiredness, but a big amount of it was erased via the ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello jcp519.  Like Dave, your therapy looks great IMO. The only possible change in the future may be too increase your PS max (if you ever bump up against it - but you have it set just about perfectly right now).  Or even possibly a soft cervical collar in the future if you start getting any OA's or H's - but you have practically none now, so that should not be a future concern. 

You have a little lower than normal respiratory rate median (around 8 or 9).  From what I have read, normal is between 12 to 20 or so and can vary.  

Your tidal volume of high 500's and 600's median makes up for it though (rate x tidal volume = minute ventilation).  Your minute vent looks good.  

I read an article that actually stated that during sleep it is somewhat better to take slower, deeper breaths rather than more frequent shallower breaths.  You are doing great then by this standard.  

Great job again jcp519.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a collar, but I go back and forth on whether or not it actually helps me or not. I never notice much of a difference with it because I'm primarily a stomach sleeper now. The lower RR has been consistent since I switched from CPAP to ASV and only when the PS is near max. My respiratory rate when PS is at min tends to hover around 15.

ASV has definitely improved my quality of life greatly. My residual tiredness might just be sleep hygiene related. I'm in my 20s, so I tend to stay up too late and my sleep schedule can be pretty inconsistent at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
i see the UA obstructive events are actually double events, so I presume those are incidents where your collar does not prevent the obstruction. Therapy looks good, and I don't thing an increase in EPAP min would do much.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One week into treatment, any tips? lendenti 3 213 08-28-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: lendenti
  Tips for adapting set up when traveling RedNailz 2 212 08-16-2024, 01:04 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  [CPAP] Looking for Tips on Using Data to Optimize My Sleep Apnea Treatment woives 10 543 07-15-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: woives
  xPAP tuning tips for PB / CA R and R 0 207 06-11-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: R and R
  Any tips for overnight bathroom trip? Mask back on? AJBU 3 397 06-08-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 17 1,029 05-06-2024, 01:53 PM
Last Post: jake79
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,977 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.