Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Dialing In New Cushion
Help Dialing In New Cushion
A week ago I replaced the cushion on my AirTouch F20.  Main reason was odors picked up in the sleep lab I couldn’t erase.  The AirTouch is the one with the memory foam and it cannot get wet.  It was also a month old and the recommended time to switch out.

First 2 nights were awesome!  I forgot how great a new cushion could feel.  No leaks, zero AHI, and 0.11 on RERA’s.  I felt well-rested.

And then on night 3, I started to get leaks mostly around the sides of my mouth.  It progressively got worse, (longer duration and more frequent), on nights 4 and 5.  Felt really tired all 3 mornings.  I tried tightening mouth straps last night, but must have tightened too much as it hurt my nose bridge by morning.

Is this just a poor fit?  Or headgear too stretched out?  Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help Dialing In New Cushion
Run Oscar on your sleep data. Then, you can see what contexts the leaks happen in. You can see if they happen when the pressure suddenly tops out, if you’re moving around a lot, if your airway is kinked, if maybe you have issues with your hose.

Also, make sure your face is super clean, no night cream or anything like that. I use baby shampoo on my face. Maybe use a CPAP wipe on your mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Know What a "Silicone Cushion And Seal Kit" Is? Rickyricardo 2 114 10-04-2024, 12:12 AM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Full face mask and spare cushion recommendation faine 2 290 08-25-2024, 01:33 AM
Last Post: faine
  Help! High CAs, not sure if I'm dialing settings right. azntaiji 2 225 08-19-2024, 07:31 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Cushion covers foodphixer 2 227 08-14-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question [Equipment] New here! Need help with flow limits and dialing in settings! JustG 6 403 07-18-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: JustG
  Mask Cushion Alternative walcra 1 280 07-09-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Has anyone tried the AirTouch N20 after using the AirFit N20 cushion? jake79 3 487 05-29-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: jake79

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.