Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Interpreting OSCAR data and making adjustments
Help Interpreting OSCAR data and making adjustments
Hello!

I recently got my Resmed Airsense 10, pre treatment 33.1 AHI. I am trying to figure out my ideal settings. Currently APAP range 8-20 with EPR 3 and auto ramp 4. 

I find that I am waking up in the middle of the night, ripping off my mask, and can't fall back asleep (I think this may corespond with the RERAs) I've also been struggling with a bit of dry eye, but I assume that my settings won't change that. 

I want to get the most out of the therapy, so I was hoping someone could help me see what changes I need to make. Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help Interpreting OSCAR data and making adjustments
This is what it looks like when someone needs a bit more pressure support (Vauto) to control flow limits. They are consistently high with a median of .11 to .14, and with bilevel, we could probably set your EPAP down around 6 and use PS at 4+ to eliminate flow limits, with a net lower overall pressure. I realize we have a CPAP, so we can work with what you have. I want to ask you a bit about your sleeping position to be sure we're not dealing with tall or multiple pillows or sleeping on an incline. There are many ways we can cause upper airway resistance with poor cervical (head/neck) alignment, so that is the first thing I want to eliminate. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea Also let me know if you have any nasal congestion or obstruction. For the air in your eyes, I will suggest you try an Airfit P30i nasal pillow cushion. They will fit in your existing mask, and if in doubt, larger is better for most.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR, need some help understanding my data sleepadventure 12 542 1 hour ago
Last Post: sleepadventure
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 17 1,474 Yesterday, 06:17 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 3 195 Yesterday, 09:24 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Oscar Data after pressure adjustment Tabster 5 159 09-19-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 37 1,543 09-19-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 13 480 09-16-2024, 10:25 PM
Last Post: citrus1
  [CPAP] Help interpreting OSCAR data andersh 0 98 09-15-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: andersh

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.