Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with OSCAR Results
Help with OSCAR Results
Hi all,

I have been using a ResMed AirSense 11 for about a year. I use an Airfit P10 mask and tape my mouth as well as tape the straps to my face to prevent me from unconsciously removing the mask in the middle of the night. This was working well for a time and I was getting the best sleep of my life. However, this past week has been terrible and I have been extremely low functioning during the day (similar to many days I had prior to getting CPAP), with symptoms improving somewhat in the late evening. I am getting plenty of time "asleep" but not waking up rested and spend the day with malaise/anxiety far above normal.

Settings:
Maximum Pressure 16
Minimum Pressure 9
EPR full-time @ 3

Any help/advice with interpreting my OSCAR data would be greatly appreciated.

I am sharing data for two days. The first attachment is labelled for October 10th and encompasses sleep data for a day (yesterday) where I felt *great*. The second attachment labelled for October 11th encompasses sleep data for a day (today) where I feel terrible. In other words, the first attachment was GOOD sleep and the second attachment was BAD sleep (based on my daytime symptoms). I am really struggling so thank you in advance for any help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with OSCAR Results
Welcome to the forum Malaise, your 99.5 percent pressure is 12.1cm with EPR on @ 3 FT and min pressure at 9cm you're dropping epap down to 6cm so I'd turn EPR down please to 1 or off before raising minimum pressure up, I'd try EPR on @ 1 tonight before bed to see how it feels (it'll clear up some of the sporadic CA, H, and OA events and feel more natural.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll give that a try -- thank you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome, you're also having some leak rate spikes, are you sleeping as flat as possible and using a hose hanger? And you're using a nasal setup, so mouthtape or a chinstrap to keep your mouth closed?
Post Reply Post Reply
I usually use two pillows but I'll try to switch to one. I'll look into getting a hose hanger as well. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure thing Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to all of this and would like help with my overnight oxygen test results Shannon80 0 44 11 hours ago
Last Post: Shannon80
  [Pressure] 3 months on CPAP, results have been mixed threeeyedsloth 15 441 Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Second opinion on sleep study results? Trimochio 2 125 Yesterday, 11:59 AM
Last Post: winterwaveforms
  [Symptoms] Help with OSCAR Results - headaches and fatigue SleepyinCincy 9 235 10-13-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Alarming results on oscar Lucy84 22 934 10-12-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  O2 ring results app1nag 10 365 10-08-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Need help analyzing results. Low AHI but still sleepy boromt 14 661 09-28-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: SeePak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.