Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with data interpretation
Help with data interpretation
New to the forum and need help interpreting my data. If there are resources that would also help me to understand some of this on my own I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with data interpretation
Would you mind making the left-hand window (Details) wider to ensure that each detail occupies only one line? In this manner, we can see the bottom part of the details, including the rest of your settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will this suffice?

Post Reply Post Reply
I still cannot see your full settings at the bottom of the details. 
Anyway, you should set your minimum pressure to 7 cm and turn the RAMP off. 
I presume your current EPR = 1. Please do not change it yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ramp is off and I'm not sure what epr is but it says full. here's another set of pictures (hopefully) third time is the charm and thanks for being patient with me.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks; now all the details are there.
You should set your minimum pressure to 7 cm. This will mean that your exhalation pressure will be 4, and your inhalation pressure support will be seven because the current EPR = 3. Thus, you can utilize your machine's full-pressure support. You will have a smoother night and less Hs.

How long have you been using APAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been on APAP for close to two months my doctor recently told me that my blood pressure was a little high and that my diastolic levels were higher so i have tried to lose weight in conjunction with using my apap machine. My symptoms were pretty crappy to be honest like constant morning headaches that carried on all day that have thankfully subsided and the brain fog and cognition issues are still on going.. But as far as your recommendations go what you are saying is to set my range 7-15, leave ramp off, set the epr at 1? this will make the exaltation numbers lower and should minimize the central apnea that I was seeing on the charts? or did I go wrong somewhere..? How concerned should I be about the central airway? I was not diagnosed with central sleep apnea. Does it matter if the epr is set to ramp or fulltime? i left both at 1 although its set on full time..
Post Reply Post Reply
I would set the machine to

min 7
max 15
EPR full time
EPR 3
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Data interpretation
I raised my minimals  yesterday to 7-15, and left epr at 3 with no ram and my numbers seem to be getting worse. Kind of concerned what to do with the CA events is it too soon to make different changes or should I try it for a couple of days? I do seem to toss and turn more towards the back end hours of my sleep when it includes more REM.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Could use some help with OSCAR analysis/interpretation re: Airsense11 settings thesquimmgroup 6 308 10-14-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: thesquimmgroup
  Night 1 OSCAR Data Interpretation Stuartt 10 464 09-06-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Stuartt
  [CPAP] OSCAR Interpretation - UARS? ilikecars 12 752 08-27-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  looking for interpretation snuffman 1 197 08-23-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  First night with data / OSCAR interpretation? goodmorning 6 476 08-20-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Recent AHI increase - OSCAR interpretation please jkbp03 4 280 08-13-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Newbie data interpretation zseeker 1 199 08-13-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.