Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with settings - Min Pressure and Flow Limits
RE: Help with settings - Min Pressure and Flow Limits
Ah right, the EPR. I keep forgetting that's what helps with FLs. Is there an explain it like I'm 5 reason for that? It sounds counterintuitive that less pressure would help decrease mild closing of the airway. I've read a number of threads on here about it but just can't understand.

I turned down the ramp to 10 minutes and starting at 5cm and will work on moving it lower.

I've had a few pretty good nights with limited events, FLs, and restlessness. Also been even more stubborn about sleep hygiene. I'm still curious about my respiratory rate. Does the variability look 'normal'? I know it increases with REM sleep and it coincides with FLs which makes sense if that's when I'm in REM and the muscles relax/airway tried to collapse. It looks unusual to me though so I'm curious. Looked for threads on here on it but didn't find anything definitive.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR 1, hight flow limit, but lots of CA throwaway1242 5 110 7 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Switched to full face mask last night. Flow limitation increased obstructedairway101 9 138 7 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Symptoms] More Tired With Less Flow Limitations sowo123 3 226 10-10-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Advice on setting pressure limits esperanca 10 640 10-04-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Pressure] New to ASV and Wanting to Understand Pressure Settings Better kbeards 6 421 10-04-2024, 02:46 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Leaks and Flow Rates cyberfiche 4 313 10-02-2024, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Weird Flow Rate Pattern Started 3 days ago Dodies 2 154 09-30-2024, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Dodies

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.