Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired
Low AHIs but still tired
Hi Everyone, been using CPAP for a few months now. My AHI's are pretty good (I think?) and are typically <1, but I still feel so tired in the morning. Posted my OSCAR data below for the last few nights, if someone could give me some insight on what to change, please let me know!

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Low AHIs but still tired
Your flow limits are quite high. Flow limits are apnea also but are not long enough (10 second or more) to be an O or H event so they are NOT counted in the AHI.

We help flow limits by using EPR the highest your machine can go is 3. I can’t tell for sure what yours is set to. Please check what it is set to. If not set it to full time EPR 3.

You may need a suggest type machine - a bilevel.

Try moving the min to 9 and see if that improves therapy.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried increasing minimum pressure to 9.0, how does this look? Not sure if there's a lot of difference. 

Looking at my last 30 days, average flow limitation is at 0.17. Should I try moving my minimum pressure even higher?

Thanks,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
As long as you can tolerate the higher pressure and control the leaks yes. Raise the minimum pressure with whatever steps you can tolerate. And keep an eye out for drops in flow limitation. If it doesent start to get good around maybe 15 at most i would say you probably need to discuss a bilevel machine with your doctor.

You can also try a soft cervical collar. At pharamcies for maybe 20 dollars or so. For some they can help against chin tucking which can give problems with flow limitations that only higher pressure cant help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 5 456 09-10-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  23 yr old W/ Good AHI - Still tired and foggy daytong 7 347 09-05-2024, 09:05 PM
Last Post: daytong
  Tired Again Brennie 16 814 09-04-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Brennie
  New User 1 week, still high AHis, thoughts? JacksonMahoney 4 190 08-31-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] 5 nights in.....grumpier,forgetful and very tired! toby2111 28 1,332 08-26-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] (I'm Tired) Please help interpret my Oscar data frolic 4 424 08-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP: Quite Tired sriteop 3 257 08-17-2024, 10:54 AM
Last Post: SleepyDawg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.