Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Higher CA recorded in second half of sleep
Higher CA recorded in second half of sleep
This is my first post on the Apnea Board. Just signed up today. I also just started using the OSCAR software. I have been noticing from my CPAP machine sleep report that my Central Sleep Apnea has been increasing in the last few months. I was also able to determine that it was mostly happening in my last 4 hours of sleep. I have confirmed that recently from the OSCAR software. Any ideas about this pattern?. I also don't wake up at all in the first 4 hours of sleep and in the second 4 hours, I wake up a lot.

I have been using CPAP therapy for over 18 years daily.

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
RE: Higher CA recorded in second half of sleep
I seem to have the same issue. Read somewhere that CPAP therapy can induce central apnea over time. I wake up with a 'foggy brain' and spend most mornings in 'recovery' mode, sometimes taking short naps on my belly without cpap.  I have a feeling those mini-naps are contributing to the overall cycle. Is bi-Pap an avenue I should pursue ? confused for now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] SD Card - Airsense 11 - How do you know if data recorded dekory419 2 142 08-28-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: dekory419
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 207 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
  Settings Adjustment for Higher Elevation mawaw1992 0 85 08-25-2024, 09:05 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  [CPAP] Wake up every half hour skoggy 8 541 08-23-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
Sad [Treatment] Higher pressure and soft cervical collar not helping FLs/AHI vHungry 5 315 08-16-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Gross [Symptoms] Does Sleep Apnea Patients feel Worse in 2nd Half of the day? raulmalik 14 547 08-14-2024, 10:29 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  AHI is much higher than normal, not sure what's going on. UKFan643 1 166 08-06-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.