Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How Long To Feel Better When Starting CPAP Therapy
RE: How Long To Feel Better When Starting CPAP Therapy
(07-10-2024, 01:35 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Couple of things. To begin with you have a lot of central apnea. With your machine we have found out using the trigger to high or very high helps most people a lot. I would set the trigger to very high. 

It's seems I am averaging 5 central apnea event per hour or so. That is considered high? For Cycle, should I leave at medium? 

For Trigger, I was going to set Trigger to High, but I will set to Very High per your suggestion. Any drawbacks on this?

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Positional apnea in shown when there are grouped together of Oa and/or H events.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh of course, I knew that. I'm VERY tired...

TY
Post Reply Post Reply
No 5 central evens an hour is not high but most people would average 5 A NIGHT. they have to be at least 10 seconds to be flagged. Of course fewer is better.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Understood, thanks much!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2024, 01:35 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Couple of things. To begin with you have a lot of central apnea. With your machine we have found out using the trigger to high or very high helps most people a lot. I would set the trigger to very high. 

Thank you Stacey! I set my Trigger to Very High and well as used a flatter pillow. I had ZERO central apnea events. My AHI was 3.4.

I still feel horrible, but I imagine after dealing with AHI of 60 for so long, this is not going to be fixed overnight. 

I just did not expect to feel worse when I started using this new machine.

Thank you again!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  After 1 year break trying to get CPAP therapy to work again nandrew 3 78 8 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 2 389 Today, 07:35 AM
Last Post: SeePak
Gross [Symptoms] Does Sleep Apnea Patients feel Worse in 2nd Half of the day? raulmalik 9 204 Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Last Post: raulmalik
  Help….starting to feel tired again Internetstranger 9 214 07-31-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 74 3,902 07-28-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: apneavolt
  Long time user, Lost weight AHI going up. Nutshell3160 1 129 07-23-2024, 06:42 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New to cpap therapy, having trouble falling asleep Exuro89 17 580 07-22-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Exuro89

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.