Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How should I set up my AirCurve 10 Vauto
How should I set up my AirCurve 10 Vauto
Started using the machine 1 month after nose surgery but got lots of awakenings all night and struggling to get less CAs. I followed some recommendations for machine set-up here but AHI still very high. Your recommendations based on my situation would be very much appreciated!

I am a side sleeper using Airfit P30i (tried Airfit P10 but seems the same). What's your suggestions??

My current set-up:
IPAP: 13
EPAP: 5
Start EPAP: 5
PS: 3.2
Trigger: High
Cycle: Med
Ti Max: 2.2
Ti Min: 0.3

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How should I set up my AirCurve 10 Vauto
FYI, before the surgery on 3 Aug 2024 (Septoplasty & Bilateral endoscopic inferior turbinoplasty), sometimes I got better AHI like below. The set-up was a bit different

IPAP: 15
EPAP: 5
PS: 2
Trigger, Cycle, Ti Max & Min: default set-up

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You shold increase your trigger setting to mitigate CAs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let me change it to very high and see if there is any improvement. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with G. Szabo.  Possibly, because of the increased space in your nasal cavity, etc. after your surgery, you are ventilating much better.   That may be the reason for having more CA's.  Breathing better means inhaling more O2, but also means exhaling more CO2 than previously (a trigger for causing more CA's).
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot Jay51. So you mean my O2 level is higher than before after surgery that's why I will tend to have less spontaneous breath and will trigger more CAs?

My AHI dropped dramatically to 3.53 for 5 h 40m usage on the first day and 2.4 for 6h 49m usage on the second day after changing trigger sensitivity to "very high" and using Airfit P10 mask instead of P30i.

I was thinking to purchase a P40 as I am a side sleeper and I think I will put in on hold.

Thanks G. Szabo also for your kind advice!
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, it is the body getting rid of too much CO2 that triggers central apneas.  The amount of co2 in the bloodstream regulates breathing.  Less Co2 in the blood tells the brain not to breathe as much. 

This is why treatment emergent CA's are so common:  the person goes on pap therapy and is breathing much better (and exhaling more CO2 than normal - so increased CA's.)

Most people adapt to this without any problems.  A few do not.  They need some help either by turning down or off:  EPR, flex, or soft pap levels; using a very high trigger on a VAuto, or using a machine with a back up rate (ASV, ST, etc.).
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot for your explanation Jay51!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just changed the set-up below and not sure if it is correct for my situation

Max IPAP from 13 to 11 
Min EPAP from 5 to 4
TI Max from 2.2 to 2.4
PS keeping at 3.2

Need your kind advice please. Kindly see the following links for SleepHQ records for the last 2 days

https://sleephq.com/public/a990815d-24b4...e8ab749b11

https://sleephq.com/public/72d60091-6acc...c6c0060696

Thanks a million!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Josephkpc

You're having some leakage issues still in those last two charts which seem to be correlating to your CA events. I would for now set the mode to s mode rather than vauto as I don't see the need for your epap to be raising and lowering back down, but I would keep it at 5cm EPAP and possibly raise your TIMAx to 3.0 to give it a bit more time. We need to get those leaks fixed though, are you using mouth tape or a chin strap to keep your mouth closed?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  acquired an aircurve vauto 10/self titrating eok361 9 309 Yesterday, 07:41 AM
Last Post: eok361
  AHI very high after switching from Dreamstation to Aircurve 10 mu50256 16 753 09-23-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: mu50256
  Aircurve 10 ASV kbjames 5 208 09-21-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: kbjames
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 50 2,153 09-13-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: RVSleeper
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 282 09-07-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Resmed 10 vauto can hear breathing Officialdee 6 244 09-07-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Can I use Aircurve 10 ASV (PaceWave CS) instead of an Aircurve 10 Vauto ? Gillyweed 7 310 09-06-2024, 01:28 AM
Last Post: tcinoz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.