Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hypopnea response
RE: Hypopnea response
(05-26-2024, 12:37 PM)Made Wrote: That amount of flow limitations is "normal"

Your 95% flow limit was 0.28; you want to see it below 0.1. A minimum pressure of 14 might help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was looking for advice about finding out why i was woken up by a apnea but as I am repeating information I have posted on my other thread could you join them  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I have posted Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread 1 2 3 4 ). which you might want to read. 

You can also buy a shorter version, which mitigates your nasal blockage and is much easier to tolerate. Therefore, keeping your mouth open will be less critical. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The hospital has set it back to 4 and they dont know about flow limitations . This is the NHS in UK
Post Reply Post Reply
The resmed increase pressure when it finds flow limits. You have a ton of flow limits.  Flow Limits are apnea just like H and O events but they are not as large or last as long.  I have how they are categorized in my signature at the bottom of this post.  Resmed raises pressure to try to stop the Flow Limits from becoming H or O events.  Flow Limits are not counted in the AHI.  The Cpap you have has EPR  only up to 3.  As Dave said after it is at 3 the only option you have is to raise the min pressure.

There is a Resmed VAUTO that has PS (same thing as EPR but different name) and that machine might be able to help with FL but costs more than the autoset you have.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
What kind of therapy answer is setting an AutoSet to 4? In most cases that's barely enough air for adults wearing the CPAP mask.

As for addressing your inquiry about Apnea waking you, we are addressing it. High Flow Limits are a big issue with your therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As expected the reduction in minimum pressure had no effect as the pressure went up to 19+.
But worse still the minimum pressure caused my nose to completly block. I had to increase the minimum pressure up to 14 to partly clear my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Epr 3 does not help as the pressure was bouncing up to 20 again . Im beginning to wonder if setting the minimum pressure very high as it cant be comfortable having the pressure change 5cm in 3 minutes
Post Reply Post Reply
oscar

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Since the AutoSet isn't doing the job, the bilevel ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto is better capable to provide you with effective therapy. Flow limits are driving your pressure up continually. The VAuto uses pressure support in this bilevel, same concept as the AutoSet EPR, but PS isn't limited to 3 cmH2O. You'll likely need PS 4 to go with somewhat modified pressures to reflect higher PS capabilities.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do these spikes represent hypopnea the machine didn't catch? lolo23 2 253 06-11-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but some long OAs with slow machine response Barefooter64 1 267 05-13-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  HYPOPNEA verification dataq1 22 1,708 02-06-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Hypopnea - Resmed scoring Opus1 22 1,641 12-03-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Opus1
  [CPAP] Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage OverflowingJoyEntity 6 706 11-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: OverflowingJoyEntity
  3% vs 4% Hypopnea Scoring gohoos1998 7 2,082 10-08-2023, 06:06 PM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  [Symptoms] Rolling "flutter" sensation on apnea/hypopnea, falling asleep ewriter 0 523 09-06-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: ewriter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.