Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HYPOPNEA verification
RE: HYPOPNEA verification
Confirmed that OSCAR faithfully displays the EDF file data on Tidal volume. However, apparently the EDF tidal volume is averaged by Resmed over some period of time/breaths.  
Viz:
[img][Image: N7s0GlN.jpeg][/img]
Can't have an increasing tidal volume occurring simultaneously with near zero flow!
Looks like I'm probably gonna have to integrate each breath to get the proper volume during a ten-second segment (for the Hypopnea determination).
Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to investigate that rising tidal volume in the midst of what appears to be near zero flows for several seconds. So I acquired the EDF data ( using EDF browser 1.88) and the first thing I realized is that Resmed only posts to the EDF file every 2 seconds (for TV and some others).

But looking further, the Oscar presentation didn't line up with the EDF data. So I went to the very end of the session record (so I had a concrete starting point and worked backwards in time) and this is what I found:
[img][Image: gop1LSb.jpeg][/img]

Working from end-of-session towards the beginning, the comparison starts out very well. however at starting at 08:25:02 the OSCAR data doesn't appear to track the EDF data, so maybe I was premature in saying that the OSCAR prestation was faithful to the digital data.

OTOH, maybe I'm failing to understand the reason that the track seems "off".

So I guess, Sleeprider, that I do need to be in discussion with an OSCAR developer top try to resolve this. 

Can you alert someone on your development group to either post here or PM me?????
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump Please
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do these spikes represent hypopnea the machine didn't catch? lolo23 2 221 06-11-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Hypopnea response Made 33 1,175 06-10-2024, 09:18 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Hypopnea - Resmed scoring Opus1 22 1,539 12-03-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Opus1
  3% vs 4% Hypopnea Scoring gohoos1998 7 1,882 10-08-2023, 06:06 PM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  [Symptoms] Rolling "flutter" sensation on apnea/hypopnea, falling asleep ewriter 0 494 09-06-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: ewriter
  What Makes This Period of Time an Hypopnea Event? Trevor G 1 532 07-23-2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  AHI versus "mean apnea–hypopnea duration" (MAD) Henrikc 1 657 03-13-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.