Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hypopnea response
Hypopnea response
Should my S10 Apap respond to Hypopneas?
Oscar shows that I had 3 in a row but there was no pressure increase. Should there have been?
Im wondering if increasing my minimum pressure may have prevented them.
I believe i woke up during the time of the Hypo,s and was unable to breath which was a bit scary
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hypopnea response
include some oscar data maybe someone can figure out what happened.

looking at my graphs it only increases pressure if there was flow limits associated to the hypopnea. if the machine isn't detecting an airway obstruction (flat top flow rate) there is not much point raising the pressure i guess?
Post Reply Post Reply
Made,
Since you're using OSCAR, please post a chart or two of the nights in question.  That is the only way you are going to receive accurate advice, otherwise we're just guessing.  

The directions for Organizing a chart and uploading it here are in my Signature Line.

Also, try to stick to one thread.  I can rename this thread to Made's - Therapy data and questions, or whatever you like.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have looked at another night and its not responding to flow limitations for about 2 hours and then suddenly jumps to 20cm . That cant be right
The problem i have is to get the machine replaced
Post Reply Post Reply
that does sound weird, post some data!
Post Reply Post Reply

I believe I was woken up with a apnea after 4
Post Reply Post Reply
can't see the flow limits so can't really know what the machine is doing, but it appears to be functioning properly. it is slowly bumping up pressure.

plz read the chart formatting wiki so we can see the data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Im getting tooo old for this!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd call the traffic in flow limits high. This is a partial Apnea like event ongoing most of the night, as there's a restriction happening.

EPR is on but not sure at what level. I'd set it to EPR 3 full time. If you're there already, then either there's an effect from Positional Apnea needing a soft cervical collar or you'll need to increase minimum pressure.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That amount of flow limitations is "normal"
The theory is that they are nasal flow limitations caused by nasal polyps and a deviated septum.
I wear a full face mask but these limitations still appear
The next theory is that my mouth closes during the night so then I am nasal breathing.
What is the concern is that I was woken up by a apnea which has never occured in 15 years of CPAP use
EPR is set to 2
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do these spikes represent hypopnea the machine didn't catch? lolo23 2 222 06-11-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but some long OAs with slow machine response Barefooter64 1 244 05-13-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  HYPOPNEA verification dataq1 22 1,627 02-06-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Hypopnea - Resmed scoring Opus1 22 1,539 12-03-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Opus1
  [CPAP] Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage OverflowingJoyEntity 6 670 11-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: OverflowingJoyEntity
  3% vs 4% Hypopnea Scoring gohoos1998 7 1,882 10-08-2023, 06:06 PM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  [Symptoms] Rolling "flutter" sensation on apnea/hypopnea, falling asleep ewriter 0 495 09-06-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: ewriter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.