Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Inspire system
Inspire system
Does anyone know anybody that uses the Inspire system?Im tired of the mask and the hose
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Inspire system
Too-funny I bet you will quickly get tired of the surgical implant to electrically shock and propel your tongue forward every time you breath. With time, most people not only get used to the hose and mask. They prefer and require it to get a great night of sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve been using a CPAP machine since 09,and my sleep is so-so with daily headaches.I’ve had sleep studies that showed I have SEVERE apnea,and I was wondering if there is other possible ways of treating it.
Post Reply Post Reply
JTHammer, if you click on the "search" link at the top of the page and type in "inspire" it will give many threads here that give honest opinions about the Inspire implant.  You can do an internet search also on inspire (but be aware the sites promoting and selling the inspire implant will have mostly positive reviews).
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on your profile, you got a CPAP 14 years ago and it's probably fair to assume you're not using it, and probably never optimized the therapy to make it effective and comfortable. My advise is to dig your CPAP out of the attic and let us know what brand and model you have, so we can help. Chances are, you need a new one. For what it's worth, INSPIRE is for individuals with mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea, that arises from blockage of the upper airway by tongue. It is not for everyone, and specifically it's not for severe or very severe apnea. It only has about a 50% efficacy, much less than CPAP. You certainly seem ready to do something about your problem, but Inspire is not the miracle you're hoping for, and the advertisements don't tell you that. Here is some threads by some users.
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...My-Journey
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...eep-Device
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...nd-Updates
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...ce-implant
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Inspire-User
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Inspire--13275
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use it every night,I was told I have Severe sleep apnea,Ive also been told I have SPG-7.The machine I have I dont remember what it's called,but I do remember they said it was the best one ever made,maybe that's why it's lasted so long.I was just wondering if anyone knew about the Inspire system
Post Reply Post Reply
I linked to a lot of good threads. If you want to post some charts from your existing unit, look for a SD card and download OSCAR at the top of the forum, and maybe we can see if there are any improvements we can suggest for the therapy settings. Sounds like you've gotten great service out of it. SPG7 (Spastic paraplegia type 7) is more of a central or nervous system disorder. Do you have obstructive or central apnea? Is your current machine ASV? I'm wondering if you need pressure support to maintain respiratory volume and rate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope I don’t come across as a jerk. Thank you for the info.I was diagnosed with both apnea(Obstructive,I believe) and SPG-7.The machine I’m using only kept info for a couple of weeks,and I used a new system at home,which I had problems with,I used different masks,they adjusted the pressure a few times,nothing worked.So I saw the Inspire system and I was curious
Post Reply Post Reply
Inspire is for OSA with AHI 15-60 only. Does nothing for central apnea if that is part of your problem related to SPG-7. Success is not guaranteed and if I remember correctly is defined as a 50% reduction in AHI. So if you have a severe diagnosis between 30-60 then a successful surgery will still likely qualify you for a diagnosis of moderate OSA.

I believe my brother's mother-in-law had it done some months ago, but I'm not sure that she is beyond the lengthy recovery period yet so I don't know if she's even used it.
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,993 403,954 09-03-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Inspire device recall Narcil 7 465 07-31-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
Wink [Treatment] Inspire Device Jibbs103 2 299 06-18-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Inspire questions AlexB33 4 466 06-16-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Jibbs103
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 3,547 06-11-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Inspire Implant : My Journey Malloc 43 17,682 04-27-2024, 11:48 PM
Last Post: mmorel536
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 528 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.