Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Instructions do NOT address hours used issue
Sad 
Instructions do NOT address hours used issue
(Situation important because I am so close to not being compliant and I am trying so hard).

I am really really sorry, but I have been trying and trying to resolve this issue.  In previous posts I may have incorrectly stated what is going on. I thought the issue may be with the file name change we are supposed to perform on the O2 ring data file.  I also was able to finally find the clock drift preferences and played around with it.  But using the clock drift preferences does not solve my issue.  I have tried every which way.  I looked in the OSCAR instructions at the image shown to correct the problem but the image does not match what you find in the actual program, nor is the option I am looking for present.

My results for total hours used do NOT match my ResMed.  I am positive.  I have triple checked because I wanted to be sure I knew what I am typing here.  I have, multiple times purged the daily chart.  I have multiple times manipulated the DRIFT CLOCK.  The only thing this does is change the start time.  

The OSCAR manual/instructions say you can change the end time as well, but I have found no way to do this even though the instructions and image clearly say you can. But this doesn't even appear to be the issue because the end time is so close to correct!

The chart says I had 4 hours 35 minutes 1 second sleep.  THIS IS WRONG.  I woke up around this number of hours of sleep but after approximately 10 minutes went back to sleep.  I had turned off the machine for those 10 minutes and re-started it when I went back to sleep.  The chart clearly shows this.  The ResMed clearly shows I had 5 hours 22 minutes of sleep and the end time in OSCAR is pretty spot on.  BUT THE TOTAL HOURS OF SLEEP LISTED ON THE OSCAR CHART SHOWS  4 hours 35 minutes of sleep.  Huhsign

I MUST get the end time of my ResMed to match the end time in OSCAR and I simply can't figure out how to do it from what OSCAR guide says to do because the instructions don't match what is actually shown.

Please, is anyone able to clear this situation up for me.

THANK YOU THANK YOU
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Instructions do NOT address hours used issue
I really don't understand what you're looking at to see this difference. I assume in Oscar it is the sum of session times, shown as Hours on the Daily Details, and Usage on the Statistics Tab. What are you reading on the "Resmed"? Is it the run hours, therapy time? Every time your device shuts down, it runs a 20 minute cool-down and that shows on the run hours. Is that the time discrepancy you're observing?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If this is a compliance time issue, over 4 hours is fine. Myself I've had several just over 4 hours and 2 minutes measurements on former machines, still good enough to count. You're likely going to need this compliance data to come from the SD card, so the lower Oscar number likely doesn't matter.

And yes, as Sleeprider mentioned, every shutoff adds 20 minute cool down to your run hours. It needs accounted for.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi guys.  

Maybe I am an idiot and/or my sleep quality sucks so bad my brain is malfunctioning ?

The number of total hours of use showing on the display of the ResMed is 5 hours and 22 minutes.

I did have a 10 minute period when I stopped the therapy but then re-started. The gap shows on my charts.

When I insert the SD card into my computer the statistics state I only had 4 hours and some odd minutes.  OSCAR is telling me I only had four hours and some odd minutes of sleep when I had more, yes?  

Maybe I need a brain scan ? Have I not understood the previous replies to account for my question? 

?
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the reporting period you have the Resmed set to?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
1 month.

Is this wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
More information is need to answer your question.
Can you please provide a snapshot of Oscar for that date.
Include the following in the picture.
1) Session Information at the bottom of the daily left sidebar.
2) The full Oscar display.
3) Set graph order using: View -> Reset Graph -> Standard.
4) Set Graph Heights using: View -> Reset Graph Heights
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, thank you ai will.  I will do so as soon as I can.  I am out of house for a bit but am appeciate of your willingness to help. ?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are comparing the machine's time to your Daily screen, then yes, that would be a problem. Change the Resmed to a Daily reporting period and take a look. Remember, any time the Resmed is disconnected from the power source, it will reset back to Monthly.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Also what version of ISCAR are you using?
Originally compliance was calculated two different ways.

OSCAR does use a more accurate rounding than ResMed. There will be a difference, though no way near what you are describing.

Also be sure OSCAR is using ALL your sessions. It is possible to turn off individual sessions and ignore them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MacBook Pro Sporadic Track Pad Scrolling Issue RayBee 3 230 08-19-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5.3 Import issue. kayak1 2 249 08-08-2024, 01:21 PM
Last Post: kayak1
  OSCAR issue: Adobe not supported Vickil 2 342 05-26-2024, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Vickil
  Charts display time that two hours ahead of actual hypopneac 2 377 04-25-2024, 10:58 PM
Last Post: hypopneac
  Issue: Oscar imported session partially alexroz 3 798 11-04-2023, 04:15 AM
Last Post: alexroz
  IBreeze import issue Gideon 4 830 10-23-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Issue scrolling left and right on a Mac McDonald 6 1,147 09-26-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: dhuck

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.