Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Is It Possible To Overdo?
Is It Possible To Overdo?
Hello,

I began my cpap journey yesterday. I've tolerated it very well and wore it for eight hours sleep plus two sleep-in hours. I am absolutely wiped out today and need to nap. I understand that it's important to wear the cpap during regular sleep and naps. i"m wondering if, so early in the introduction phase, if frequent use could be a problem. Please advise.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is It Possible To Overdo?
I have never heard of wearing it too much being a problem. 

Post OSCAR charts when you have data. Folks here can help.

You are on day two of what is likely a lifetime journey. There will be good and bad days. Be kind to yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
it's helping you breathe so no, i don't think it's possible to not stop breathing too much Smile the more you use it the sooner you'll get used to it and forget it even exists so have at it!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2024, 03:12 PM)LuminousOne Wrote: I began my cpap journey yesterday. I've tolerated it very well and wore it for eight hours sleep plus two sleep-in hours.

That's fantastic, some if not most people have trouble adapting, you are one of the lucky ones.

Quote:I am absolutely wiped out today and need to nap. I understand that it's important to wear the cpap during regular sleep and naps. i"m wondering if, so early in the introduction phase, if frequent use could be a problem. Please advise.

The more you use it the faster you will adapt, the sooner you'll start feeling better, and the number of days where you feel "wiped out" will become less frequent. Even though you're adapting well, don't expect a magic bullet. The mask, pressurized air, and hose will all be a bother to you for awhile and will likely interfere with your sleep. But the good news is that you're human, and humans have a remarkable ability to adapt to new environments. You will soon start feeling a lot better. Just be patient and persistent.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're on the correct path posting here and asking for advice Smile There are great replies here too, be patient and when you nap use your machine too please.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I nap, I don't use my CPAP. My naps are usually only about an hour or so. I think of napping as a treat.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2024, 10:57 AM)Big Guy Wrote: When I nap, I don't use my CPAP. My naps are usually only about an hour or so. I think of napping as a treat.  Cool

Well, you know what's happening to your cardiovascular system when you do that, but if that's your idea of a treat ... Huh
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2024, 08:26 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Well, you know what's happening to your cardiovascular system when you do that, but if that's your idea of a treat ...  Huh

The treat for me is putting my mask on and being able fall asleep immediately Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2024, 08:26 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Well, you know what's happening to your cardiovascular system when you do that, but if that's your idea of a treat ...  Huh

I nap at times in my recliner as well.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.