Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Jayhyouk Oh - Therapy Thread
RE: Sudden AHI value peak just before Wake-up
Thanks staceyburke,

Yes, I agree with Positional apnea.
I always start with back sleep and have a tendency to change to side sleep.
I used to have a large leak every 90~120 minutes which is similar to the timing when I change to side sleep.
Recently, I am also using neck collar to improve chin dropping.

Base upon your recommendation, I will keep an eye on chin dropping and positional apnea.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Changes for Better Prisma Therapy
Hi All,

I relieved my sleep breathing by ResMed S10 since MAy 2023.
Recently, my therapist suggests to replace with Lowenstein Prisma Max. I accepted.

Once changed, I am confused on new information from OSCAR.
Increased Flow limit level, RERA, etc.
Also, OSCAR shows the different information from ResMed S10 did.

Please kindly advise me how to interpret those.
If there was relevant threads before, please kindly share those.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to interpret the information from Prisma Max?
A Prisma is a good machine, it just has its own way of reporting its data. Each manufacturer determines how a parameter is reported and the scale range if it graphs it. Flow limitation comes to mind. A Resmed uses a range of 0 to 1 for some reason. Philips doesn't even use a scale for this parameter, it just reports it as an event. I don't know what the Prisma uses.

Do you feel any different using the Prisma? I would recommend that you use it for a few days and then post a day or two screenshots of your OSCAR Daily screen (Use F12 of Fn+F12 for a Mac).
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
Project Manager for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response. Crimson Nape,
Let me add some screenshot as attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Would you post a recent screenshot of your Resmed data for comparison?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hope this works for you.

Post Reply Post Reply
Since your thread has pivoted to be more about your therapy, I have moved it to the Main Forum.  Would you like the title changed to something like, "Changes for Better Prisma Therapy"? It could be changed to something else, too. Let me know if you do.

Getting back to your screenshots.  I see you had the EPR set to 3 on the Resmed.  Does the Prisma offer any option along the same lines?  This would really help with your flow limitations.  Also, if you don't have the Clinician's manual for your new Prisma, look in the CPAP Setup Manuals - Section 3/Other Manuals to obtain one.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
Changes for Better Prisma Therapy
Hello Crimson Nape,
Thanks for your effort.

Sorry, I have no idea to change the thread title.
If I am still failed after your following advice, I will repost it on Main Forum with a title of "Changes for Better Prisma Therapy"

Prisma Smart Max has a similar feature of EPR as SoftPAP, whereas it has only Off-1-2.
Previously, I set to 2, but changed to 1, since I have a number of CA.

Last night, I changed Min Pressure from 11 to 11.5 to reduce Flow Limit.
Flow limit was slightly reduced, but still significant.

Whereas, there was a water flood last night by 3:30 am. I removed the mask and restarted by 5:00 AM.
According to Prisma Smart Max, there was less Flow limit during Deep Sleep time.

Please kindly consult me on this situation.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Jayhyouk Oh - Therapy Thread
Jayhyouk Oh -  I just realized you had a therapy thread already created.  In order to provide the reader your therapy history, I have merged them into one.  Please use this thread for all posts that are about your therapy.

Concerning your PM to me  -  We all are volunteers here and have a life outside the Apnea Board.  Deciding if, when, or how to respond to a post/thread is at the member's discretion.

As far as your treatment  -  I was just pointing out the difference in settings between your 2 machines.   I was suggesting the difference in settings that may have contributed to the change in your sleep data.  Other than noting the difference, it was not my intent for this to be construed as therapy help.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 33 3,149 2 hours ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
Wink hwnboy therapy thread hwnboy 66 2,983 2 hours ago
Last Post: Jay51
  SleepyCPAP’s Treatment Thread - Palatal Prolapse AlaxoStent SleepyCPAP 103 14,273 3 hours ago
Last Post: fudo
  Dang71 Therapy thread dang71 0 27 3 hours ago
Last Post: dang71
  Tobiathan therapy thread tobiathan 36 1,635 Yesterday, 09:46 PM
Last Post: tobiathan
  [Treatment] NightmaresOfTheBottom - Therapy Help Thread NightmaresOfTheBottom 12 445 10-20-2024, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Abdulfakih - Therapy Thread Abdulfakih 138 6,110 10-19-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Abdulfakih

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.